Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any ideas where I can get hold of Salopettes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just been to the Tamworth Ellis Brigham, to try and replace my outer shell. I'm looking for a high end breathable outer shell, with proper salopette trousers, with a front bib, and matching jacket, with a powder skirt. According the the lady in the shop, noone wants salopettes anymore because they're not in fashion, and so they only have one type in stock.

Anyone know any other places selling high end salopettes, price not important?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer, Google for Salopettes gets 43,500 responses. Ebay is at the top as usual, but next down is Getoutcanoeing - looks like some good stuff there. Any help?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, Check the Keela stuff in snowShops!
I'm pretty sure the Munro system matches your spec exactly. The jacket is detailed there already. I'll get a pic/ spec of the salopettes up there tonight.

They sell to rescue services, (fire, police, mountain) so technically the spec is bang-on. If u need to pay a higher price in order to be convinced of their worth, that can be arranged Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well I'm not looking to pay extra money, I just tend to think that in terms of flexibility, comfort, and durablity you get what you pay for in ski clothing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer, take another look in mountaineering shops. Not at all out of fashion there, but they are generally not insulated.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's exactly what I'm looking for comprex. Been looking around the web, Patagonia do some nice ones, but have sold out of my size, North Face got some good ones as well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer, you should know that there is only one. The one, the only, the irreplaceable, the (no longer made?) Moonstone Sauvage bib.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's exactly the sort of thing that I'm looking for.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know that salopettes aren't trendy, but when you're sitting on a freezing chairlift in BC with inches of snow falling on you, and the wind blowing from the rear, you really start to appreciate the extra warmth that they give you. Also if you fall over in deep snow, I don't think that there's much point in having a powder skirt if you're not wearing salopettes.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As promised Kramer, here are the details of Keela's
Ski Pants with optional braces. and
Salopettes.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank-you.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The fashion police will be coming for you Kramer. Salopettes? They went out in the 70's! Laughing Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowy - It's more to do with their practicality when skiing in adverse conditions, they're much warmer, and as a bonus protect you better when you wipe out in deep snow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy