Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

January Bargains....

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone spotted any ridiculous bargains for 19th/20th Jan that might be of interest for a cash-strapped couple?

Want to take the missus away for a birthday treat but we're on a tight(ish) budget so am looking at about £750 (maximum) for holiday, and that should include the price of the ski pass too (so about £250 each max). We could maybe stretch to £1,000 for everything if it was a for a nice catered chalet or hotel.

I like France from previous visits and fancy Austria (the latter for the party atmosphere) and it can be catered or SC - we're not bothered. As long as there's snow we're cool. Smile

Any pointers for deals with TOs you've seen while scouting the internet will be most welcome...

Spesh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman, We can help - Catered Chalet in Morzine - £295pp for the week. have a look at http://www.snowandtrek.co.uk/morzine/catered/index.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Specialman, could do you something for 13th-20th January, but not the following week, sorry.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Specialman, I hope this link works for you. .... http://www.alpineanswers.co.uk/deals/search?date=7&resort=&quality=&order=sale_price&by=asc&submit.x=24&submit.y=26
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Specialman, B&B in Finkenberg only £199 , part of the Mayrohofen ski area, plenty of good skiing and party atmosphere, with Crystal .

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/specialoffers/specialoffers.html - its often worth checking their special deals wink but for the week you want leave it another week or so Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman, I agree with Bones, with just two of you, leave it till the last minute if you want a TO package. In another week or so, it'll be a bit clearer where, and when, the next snow is gonna fall. What kind of skiing are you looking for? French privately owned apartments, in our area, are generally around 450 euros a week, at that time, for a high quality 40 sq m plus terrace MGM apartment which in theory sleeps 6 or 7! Several of our neighbours rent out their places and they all charge much the same. English owners sometimes charge more.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, seems the big TOs seem to work on the next two weeks being bargain time. Next weekend might spring up a few more...

Keep the suggestions coming Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bones, seen that one before. Looks okay, but not so keen on the old ski bus thingy and being so far away from M'hoferen. Have only been to La Plagne where we were right in the hub of things. Looks a nice setup though. A definite consideration...

snowandtrek, cheers for that but we'd need to figure in flights and transfers, which will stretch the old budget. looks very nice though.

flowa, good website. Will keep my eye on thsi one. Gold star for you Toofy Grin

Helen Beaumont, cheers anyway. It's Mrs. Sesh's birthday on the 24th, hence the stringent dates.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Specialman, we're offering free child places or free ski passes for January, although the fantastic start to the season may change that, the level of inquiries is much higher than usual, so the large TOs can afford to not discount untilthe very last minute. We have availability for w/c 20th Jan in our chalet Le Mouflon in La Rosiere 1850, you can find full details on www.tracksvacations.com or email us at info@tracksvacations.com for more infromation.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I booked last week a week in Morzine on the 19th Catered at Le Viking for £359pp. Brochure price £679 .... so i'm pretty pleased with that.

That was direct through http://www.thomsonski.co.uk/

Was very close to booking La Plagne the day the Vanoise went down ... glad i didn't now
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maybe the heavy rain being forecast currently for many resorts - including plenty of rain even in La Ros - will damp down the enthusiasm and bring some more bargains! Could be that Christmas will turn out to have been the best week of the season. We travel out on Friday.... Sad Or maybe the freezing level will drop dramatically and we'll all be knee deep in fresh powder. 2 inches of rain translates into a lot of snow!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, you must be looking at a different Meteo to the one we see, no forecast for rain here, just sun and low temps for the rest of the week.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Specialman, come to Tignes ! there are a few SH boarders out there that week, plus I'm in a group of 10 !

http://www.thomsonski.co.uk/ Hameau Du Borsat Apartments £299 snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
check out inghams (fernie accomdation only fernie £50 for 1 week or £99 for 2 weeks in jan just need your own flights
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David@traxvax, I was looking at snow-forecast.com

I hope the 6 pm run has pulled down the FLs a bit...
snow report
David@traxvax, yes, the rest of the week looks fine. Saturday night onwards is a lot warmer with heavy precipitation - snow at the top, for La Rosiere, but plenty rain in the village and FL about 2400. That's snow-forecast.com, but it's still a little way away and the FL might drop. And they might be wrong. But it's looking like a bit of a trend; I have been scouting about for more optimistic forecasts which I'd be glad to believe, but I haven't found any yet! Sad
snow conditions
Check out www.Skibeat.co.uk , deals at £299 for catered chalet with flights over the next 2 weeks don't appear to feature on sites like Iglu?!!!.........
snow conditions
pam w, http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/FRXX0142?par=OAP&site=COLDH&code=null
ski holidays
Alas, this weekend has been scuppered by the other half's work - the bugs won't give her time off. Sad Sad

Have started this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34764#824497
latest report
Specialman, you don't have much luck do you ? Crying or Very sad Tell her to get a new job with time off Twisted Evil
snow report
Ce la Vie - at least it's only been postponed and not cancelled. Can't wait for the start of Feb Smile
ski holidays
£199.

http://www.rocketski.com/engine/res_resortList.aspx?id=xtmfdtr4xzcqrxjsaheig055

Worth inventing a rare week-long bout of ebola for that price. Place is covered in all sorts of new snow as well.
latest report
The ebola excuse has already been done!! Toofy Grin

Good site though - will keep my eye on this for Feb deals.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy