Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer Railflex 2 FX12 Forward Pressure Adjustment.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In readiness for my trip to Sauze on the 6th Jan, I have been checking / waxing my newly aquired Fischer AMC 76 skis.These were fitted with the FX12 bindings by Ski-Billek but being the mechanical/enquiring type, I just checked that all was OK.

I pulled one of the bindings off the rail to see how things work and it is pretty simple.Just lock the front and rear binding pieces on the calibrated band corresponding to the length of boot, in my case 314mm and slide on to the rail and fix in required position ie 0 or + or - 15mm with the center screw.

On these bindings, forward pressure is deemed to be OK if the edge of the lower metal tab falls inside the two markers on the tab above it. Mine do !

The question is, in the tech manual, it says there is an adjustment of 4mm and to adjust if necessary by removing the boot and lifting the tooth lock with a screwdriver and altering the forward pressure.

Which is the tooth lock, where is it and what exactly does one do to what to adjust the forward pressure.

On my old Atomic 9.18 it was easy with the adjustment screw at the back.

And yes, I know all about the warnings of messing about with your own bindings, but when I adjusted the DIN and forward pressure of the Atomics, I got them checked in Schladming and the guy in the Ski shop there said the settings were Ok but he preferred to set DIN 6.5 instead of my 6.

So can any of you techie guys, give me a few pointers ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you look very carefully at rear units , at bottom you note that there is a mental rail with "slots"! Above this rail you will note a metal tang that has a "tooth" sticking down! This tooth fits into the rail at botton.
With regular screwdriver you can lift tang, move rear unit forward or backward!

Hope this helps!
If you have other issues just refer to J2ski site chat since I rarely vist this site. See tune up section!
Pavel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many Thanks, The manufactures instructions and the Tyrolia tech manual don't show the details.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy