Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Survey finds one in ten have skied or snowboarded while drunk

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
More than one in ten people who have skied or snowboarded have done so while drunk, according to new UK research by travel insurance company InsureandGo. This is an estimated 1.38 million people. What’s more, around 154,000 admitted to being very drunk while skiing or snowboarding....The research also found that, of those people who admitted to having skied or snowboarded under the influence of alcohol, 19% had had an accident while doing so. In all, 4% said such an accident caused a serious injury to himself or herself or to someone else.

See: http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/weird-world/On-the-piste--lots.3630212.jp and http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22989964-5013605,00.html

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 31-12-07 16:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
el Hen, Only 1:10. One the basis of at least once, got to be higher?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scary.

I have never done so and never will.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would have actually thought it would be higher, due to the number of apres bars located on the mountains - take the KK or Moose in St.Anton as classic examples.

I enjoy my sking too much to ruin it by drink - I can get drunk any time, but ski time is precious Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would have thought it was much higher too, until I noticed that it does specify 'very drunk'. I've never had more than one beer with lunch, and that's only rarely and dependent upon who I am skiing or eating with at the time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
el Hen, this seems to be usual media hype, best shown by the Telegraph article:
Headline: "One in 10 ski while drunk"
Frist paragraph: "MORE than one in 10 skiers admit they have hit the slopes while drunk, a UK survey showed today."
Second paragraph: "About 11 per cent of people who ski or snowboard said they had hit the slopes after drinking alcohol"

See how "drunk" has changed to "after drinking alcohol".
I bet the question posed was "Have you ever skied after drinking alcohol". Most snowheads would answer Yes to this.
Drunk as defined by Wikipedia is very different.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No, I was completely sober on the way down at 2 a.m. This morning. New insoles were lovely though (review to follow).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
90% have not?

Bet the roads are not this safe.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Drunk No, I think if the question was hung over and was answered honestly. It would have to be 9/10. But there is nothing like crisp mountain air and a high speed chair for clearing a hang over, by the time your at the top of your first run it was like last night never happened.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kel wrote:
Drunk No, I think if the question was hung over and was answered honestly. It would have to be 9/10. But there is nothing like crisp mountain air and a high speed chair for clearing a hang over, by the time your at the top of your first run it was like last night never happened.

Bet winding down the window while driving at a higher speed produces the similar effect.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy