Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I a Bad Skier?

Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from weeks skiing over Xmas and half of it was done with a boot where one of the ankle pivots was broken. To be honest I couldn't tell there was something wrong and carried on the rest of the week with a broken boot. I could however tell if I put my right ski on the left foot and vice versa.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Marvel, I must be a bad skier too, as I don't even know what an ankle pivot is.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, snap! Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, Yes it had Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just thought that with all the talk about ankle flex and stiff boots I should have noticed something was wrong and it would have affected my skiing but it didn't seem to.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought you were starting a sub-group.

Wanted to join.............................

snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Let's face it, we're all bad skiers.....I once took a dump off the Roche du Mio gondola in La Plagne in the 80's-that was really bad!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevin mcclean, how did you get your back bottom far enough out of the window?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Red-an interesting question and one which could find me giving a technical seminar on such a matter, however, for brevity, it was literally prise the little doors open, jam them with the little 'wand' which was attached to them in those days and then allow the lunar eclipse to emerge and deposit its cargo 200 feet onto a blue run flatter than a pancake. As a Catholic, I sought immediate forgiveness from a local priest who then tried to trap me in his confessional box......but that's another matter.

As I say, it must have been 23 years ago when I 'were a lad'.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Marvel, Would that be a Tecnica boot? Maybe a Rival or an Icon? Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Marvel, I'm a UK shoe size 7 and due to unforseen circumstances, skied a day in a pair of borrowed size 11 boots. I managed to get the shins straps tight but my feet were moving around freely inside the boots. Prepared to give it a go on a shallow slope, then head home, it didn't seem to make much difference to my skiing. The weight difference was very noticeable though. I must be a bad skier too.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ah, that must have been the legendary dump of the 84 winter that is always talked about in La Plagne.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, Is that why the built 'le Tunnel' so one can take refuge from flying dumps Confused Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Marvel, Nice troll.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It wasn't ski boots, but one day I'd spent about 5 hours wandering around an agricultural show before I realised I was wearing one of my size 7 walking boots and one of my husband's size 11's!!
snow report
Bad skier?

When I first read about reading rear entry boots I thought it was to do with the sexual orientation of the skier.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Ah, that must have been the legendary dump of the 84 winter that is always talked about in La Plagne.

Followed by lots of skid marks on the piste ?
Shocked
snow conditions
kevin mcclean, You are some Bad Ass skier, man.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy