Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach snow report - Its Snowing!

Poster: A snowHead
Greetings from Saalbach Snoweads,

We got here on Sat to find plenty of good snow, admittedly the machines had been busy for the previous week - topping up the snow that had already fallen.

Had a great days skiing yesterday and refreshed under the excellent tuition of a local guy from the Snow Academy.

Woke up and checked the weather to find lots of fresh snow Smile and as an extra new years bonus its forecast for the rest of the day and tomorrow too!

View from my balcony....

[img]http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/9596/ppuser/990[/img]

Damn cant seem to insert the image corectly.. ill try again later - in the mean time - its time to get skiing NehNeh

We are staying at the Alpenhotel - and its very very good indeed!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 31-12-07 12:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
If you click the small brown icon at the end of the 'linked thumbnail' box, it opens up 2 more boxes. If you copy and paste all the text in the 'medium image' box inot your post it put the picture in your posting

wink snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey - delighted to read this - although not going there until March. Will be staying at AlpenHotel also. Is it really doorsetp
ski-ing as promised in the brochure? Shock
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
26 days till I am there Laughing Very Happy snowHead

Welcome to snowHeads Ploughboy snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I lll be there on Saturday going to start packing the bag now Little Angel Very Happy NehNeh
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Linds, bring it on Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ploughboy wrote:
Hey - delighted to read this - although not going there until March. Will be staying at AlpenHotel also. Is it really doorsetp
ski-ing as promised in the brochure? Shock

Sorry for taking so long to reply what with skiing and the new year its been a bit chaotic.

Q, Is the hotel ski in/ ski out?

A, Sort of.

The photo was taken from my balcony and you can just about make out the Ski Circus Saalbach banner in the centre middle distance, Slightly right and up from this is a "novice and childrens slope" - this has a drag lift which isnt visible in the photo (far right of the slope). In the upper left of the picture you can just about make out 2x sets of lifts (1x Gondola and a 3 seater chair lift that run paralell)

So. You could once you have collected your gear from the ski and boot room Langlauf/ ski to the drag lift, then from the drag lift do the same to the piste lifts, but its easier to walk and takes a few mins at most to walk to any of the lifts in the town.

Coming back to the hotel, if you got a good run you could probably get as far as the car park (not pictured - just to the bottom of the photo though)

So it is - Sort of ski in ski out. But I prefer to walk.

However, its only a minor niggle (advertisers are never spot on) Nevertheless the Hotel really is oustanding. The food, rooms, service, staff are all excellent and I have not got one single niggle or gripe at all about the hotel - i honestly cant fault a single thing.

The Skiing is great too, plenty for everyones needs, and with over 200km of pistes you will be hard pushed to fit them all in.

Ill grab some more snaps over the next few days and upload.

More snow forecast tonight Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Saalbach/Hinterglemm is one potential spot we're thinking of for out March 15th visit, but I'm worried about its low altitude. With the good base down this year, do those "in the know" reckon that this area has a good chance of being in decent nick by that late in the year, providing there isn't a catastrophic warm spell?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
carled, I was out near this area in late nov and there was a very good base on the lower slopes already. But with a warm spell on the horizon next week its going to be in the lap of the gods! Its a tough call- a great area but the low altitude could prove a problem. Great scenery though and very good austrian architecture- not like france!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ya beauty!!! Will be there on Saturday 5th Jan. Staying at the Pension Enzian. I cannot wait......

God will love and protect you, but to be sure, carry a big stick with a nail in it....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bobolanco will be there sar 5th myself let me know if you fancy meeting up Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ill be there on the 5th! Woo Hoo, only 2 days! Might even have a day in Zell am See, see, how it goes.

Ill be wearing Black Salopettes, and a white Cross jacket with a print of a spine down the back.

Anyone been before? What are the best bars/pubs/clubs ?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Karl Moto, certainly visit Bobby's Bar for some apres-ski fun... drinks were buy one get one free last Jan. Oh and there is a bowling alley there too!?!?! You'll have a wicked time!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Karl I will be in all black jacket and Salopets and a Full face army green helmet with an ACE of spades on the side I look out for you on the slope and in Bobbys mmmmmmmmmm NehNeh Beer
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
To those going to Saalbach this weekend. It has been snowing!!!! Two more sleeps!!!
Toofy Grin
snow report
Boboblanco does that mean I can stop doing this silly snow dance and start packing! Puzzled
snow report
Matricks - thanks for the info ...sorry haven't been on for a while.
snow report
I have a pic just like that from last year lol! Which hotel is that? It looks a bit like where we stayed, the Berger Sport, but i spec it is next door?
latest report
Any updates??? Going on the 26th, and getting excited Blush
snow report
Charlatanefc, me and a few mates are going 26th as well - maybe we could meet up for a beer or two ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy