Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zillertal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all!

off to zillertal soon and taking my wife as a beginner (have booked lessons in tamworth and out there!) any suggestions on good slopes for here and to satisfy me as well (intermediate)

hochzillertal maybe?

thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This may be relevant.

Use this site to check the following

Fugen
Hochzillertal
Zellertal Arena
Mayrhofen
Hinterlux

They are all inside the same valley with about 600+ km piste to explore.

Here are the distances I have compiled for traveling in the valley as I shall be staying in Mayrhofen

from to distance (miles)
Mayrhofen Hinterlux 12
Mayrhofen Vorderlanersbach 7 (another end of Mayrhoflen)
Mayrhofen Mayrhofen 0
Mayrhofen Zell 6 (entry point to Zellertal Arena)
Mayrhofen Konigsleiten 22 (far end of Zellertal Arena)
Mayrhofen Kaltenbach 10 (for Hochzillertal/Fugen)

The size of the separated areas by the distance of piste

Resort Pists Notes
Fugen/Spieljoch (Zillertal Valley) 21 Not liked
Hochzellertal - Kaltenbach 134 including Fugen/Spieljoch
Mayrhofen - Penken/Horberg/Rastkogel/Eggalm 157 Zillertal has 452km
Hinterlux 86
Zellertal arena -Zell/ Gerlos/Konigslieten/Krimml 163 Supposed 560km if added together
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chuckball28 wrote:
Hi all!

off to zillertal soon and taking my wife as a beginner (have booked lessons in tamworth and out there!) any suggestions on good slopes for here and to satisfy me as well (intermediate)

hochzillertal maybe?

thanks

Hi, When are you going? I'll be in Zell am Ziller from next Saturday (5th) for a week.

Having skied the Hochzillertal area last year (mostly the Kaltenbach side), I would say yes, that is a good area for your requirements. There is a long wide blue running down from the top of the gondola to the restaurant by the first 6 man chair, which is where the ski schools will start you (two drag lifts take you back up it), then there are some more blues off the top of the 8 man chair.

The worst thing for a beginner will be getting back down from the top blues, as run Z (the only practical way back for a complete beginner) is a fairly narrow cat-track that can get very crowded.

There are plenty of reds running back down from the chairs to around that restaurant, and one fairly easy black which goes back to the base of the 8 man.

I will probably spend at least one day of this year's trip in that area, and maybe more, as a reasonable intermediate level skier.

If you have already booked lessons out there, which area are they booked in though? The schools I believe mostly stick to their "home" area at least for the group lessons.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just keep in mind that the slopes in Hintertux are not easy for a beginner, even some blue runs.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
First week of Feb! Thanks for all your replies! anyone know oF the conditions out there at the moment? not seen any fresh snow reports for a while! Not planning on taking my wife to the hintertux bUt i will be going!
She is having lessons in hockzillertal, hope tehre is enough there to kepp me busy as well!!

are they tows or chair lifts?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chuckball28 wrote:
First week of Feb! Thanks for all your replies! anyone know oF the conditions out there at the moment? not seen any fresh snow reports for a while! Not planning on taking my wife to the hintertux bUt i will be going!
She is having lessons in hockzillertal, hope tehre is enough there to kepp me busy as well!!

are they tows or chair lifts?

There should be plenty to keep you busy as well, particularly if you go over the back down to Hochfugen. You should do this evn if you don't want to ski the Hochfugen runs, because run red 1 down to the Panorama restaurant is IMO the best run in the resort.

Snow at the moment is pretty good, with over 50cm at the base of each area, some of them having over 1m at the top. I'll be able to give you a better idea on that when I get back on the 12th.

In the hochzillertal area, all the main runs are accessed by chairlifts after leaving the gondola. There are drag lifts back up the blue that is the main nursery area, and two going up either side of the bottom section of Red 5, plus two more at the top blues. The chair by the top blues is a very slow 2 seater, the rest are mostly fast 6 or 8 seater chairs (the 8 seater has heated seats!).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chuckball28,

You can find out a lot about Hochzillertal from this site. You should be able to click the official site as well. The snow depth reported is in accordance with chuckball28.

alex_heney,

Have a nice time there!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy