Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarder Fashion

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I believe that in the past some snowboarding snowHeads have aired rather derogatory views on the somewhat bright colourful clothes that some skiers have worn, particularly those from a few years ago. wink
On a trip to Cortina D'Ampezzo (a resort noted for its Italian sophistication) I was therefore interested to see the uniform worn by an Italian snowboard instructor, as shown below

Obviously the "Coco The Clown" look is now de rigeur for snowboarders! Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 31-12-07 9:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good God! That's hideous. Shocked Snowboarders have never had grounds for crowing about their 'fashion' superiority over skiers. At least us skiers don't wear our trousers down below our ar$e..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink, Shocked Shocked

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like his board though!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skiboard instructor? Sounds like a double planker set up to me
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops wrote:
Skiboard instructor? Sounds like a double planker set up to me

Thanks for pointing out the typo in my original posting - I've now corrected it to read snowboard instructor - just another one of those senior moments Toofy Grin

P.S. I assure you, no set up Madeye-Smiley - if you look at the back of his uniform, you can just about make out the words "Scuola Snowboard" Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have it on good authority that Scuola World is actually owned by a skier who is so envious of boarders that he makes his instructors wear such uniforms Very Happy as it happens I think the guy carries it off quite well, now if he had skis in his hand he would look rediculous wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

as it happens I think the guy carries it off quite well,
I'll bet he looks pretty god-like carving down the piste, whatever he's wearing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My first thoughts was, thats a skier holding his m8s board while he goes for a pee.

Have you noticed the other boarder hiding his head in embarrassment? Smile

Tux
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got home after doing a bit of shopping in the local Aldi. Now I will add that I am a skiier and not a boarder. However I do tend to go for the snowboarding / freestyle skiing type of skiware, I was supprised to see that Aldi have some amazing Salopettes and Jackets that they call Boarding gear. They have two types, one in soil brown and one in denim blue. well worth a look and at £25 for each item they are a bargain and far from being 'cheap'.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 31-12-07 17:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tuxpoo wrote:

Have you noticed the other boarder hiding his head in embarrassment? Smile

Tux

He is a boarder he will be used to doing it wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy