Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - 1 day itinerary suggestions please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, I'm off to Les Arcs on this 1-day overnight Eurostar jaunt next Saturday. I've never been so have no idea how I'm going to get around or ski the stuff I want to, so any suggestions welcome.

It goes like this:

arrive BSM 06.27, breakfast, wait till funicular opens

Funicular to 1600 - can I buy the lift pass at the funicular (I think so)?

arrive at 1600 early - then what?

I think, looking at the piste map I want to get to 1800 but based on what, I hear you ask?

I'm happiest skiing blues and, after a warm up, reds e.g. Tete Rond, Portette, Rhodos in Val Thorens, so i thought something like Cachette 6 then take Belvedere to 1800. Then up and down around there then ski Gollet back to 1600.

any advice welcome

ta
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shame, I'll just miss you as I go home on Thursday. A few suggestions:

1. Arrive at Arc 1600 and ski down Belvedere (past the Arpette restaurant) to the Col des Frettes chair. Ride up to the ridge between Arc 1600 and Arc 2000, taking the Plan piste into the 2000 bowl (which will be in the sun, hopefully, at that time of day). Take your choice of blues or reds from the Arcabulle and Plagnettes chairs.

2. When that part of the domain gets a bit shady ski down to Arc 1950 and take the Bois de L'Ours chair back up to the top of the ridge, and then follow the Arpette and Charmettoger postes towards Vallandry. From there you have a wide choice of blues (Grands Melezes, Charmettoger, Barmont, Rhodos, etc) and gentle reds (Reches, Myrtilles, Morey, etc) through the trees down towards Vallandry, using the Derby, Vallandry and Grizzly chairlifts.

3. Heading back towards Arc 1600 will involve a detour via Arc 1800, easiest is via the Maitaz piste, to catch the Vagere chair. Head left at the top of the chair and follow the Arpette (?) piste towards the snowpark and the Arpette restaurant. From there you cantake the Sources or Gollet pistes down towards 1600. If you have time you should take the Mont Blanc chair and the Mont Blanc blue which is a fabulous run through the trees and from there you can ski straight to the top of the funicular.

Fingers crossed for good weather Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, I knew I could rely on you Very Happy. i can see it all on the piste map. I suspect I won't get round it all (you've met me!) but this will help me get the best out of it. as you say, fingers crossed for good weather.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, the main strategy is to follow the sun if the weather is nice. Arc 2000 bowl in the morning, then over to 1600/1800/Vallandry in the afternoon. If the visibility is poor skip step 1 and head straight to Vallandry to the tree-lined pistes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy