Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre Christmas 2007 Trip Report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
22-29th December 2007
Go Montgenevre

Flights:
Easyjet Luton - Turin
Delayed for 2 hours, bloodey monkeys messed up the baggage handling system. Not a good start, not very well, very stressful. We missed our slot so we were sitting on the tarmac for another half an hour. we missed the hire shop closing time grrrrr. thank god we didnt go from Bristol - Turin it was meant to take off 7:00 landed at 17:00.

return today was okay.

ski service was the hire shop we used. Good brand new equipment.

Ski School
ESF classe 2 for me and my mother was excellent. instructor Jean Marc was top draw, stretched our class. me and my mother loved it. It got me from confident on blues to having confidence on easy blacks. Went down the slalom and downhill course, that was amazing!

classe 2 for my sister and dad was fine.

Pistes
Lovely soft snow on the side of the piste. By the end of the week, it was a bit icy due to excessive skiing. Needs some more snow for on piste.
Montgenvere is brilliant for a developing intermediate. If the holiday had been any longer it would have been slightly tedious doing the same runs. A good skiier would need to go to serre che or the mily way.
went to claviere, which has a lovely mountain restuarant. more on that.

lovely blue skies for 5 out of 6 days. snowed lightly for the first day.

99% of the resort is open.

lots more english people than last year. a certain downside! christmas is such a good time to get away, it was getting hurrendously busy this morning for new year.

Go Montgenevre were excellent hosts and would reccomend and use again.

Went for an evening meal in a restaurant in claviere (Italy) by skidoo. It was a 8 course meal and delicous at that. they kept bringing out lots of mountain meats, chesses and pasta.

Allround a good trip and cant wait for next year.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 4-01-08 17:09; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christopher, glad you enjoyed it all, Christopher, despite the stressful start. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm going there in 18 days. What sort of package did Go Montgenevre do and what did it cost? (Too late for this time but if we ever thought of going again).
We'll be skiing the off piste (see steep and deep thread) so I hope there is a good dump in 2 weeks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball,
summary of costs for 4 people
easyjet Luton -Turin, saturday - saturday £140 each

transfer with go montgenevre £60 return each

This is for 6 days skiing.

appartment ferme d'augstin on slope accomodation £650 for the week. Its self catering, but they do chalets and other accomodation. Lots of choice. The appartment was nice, but a little small. It is for 6 people, but you wouldnt want more than 4 staying there.
For more accomodation http://www.go-montgenevre.com/apartments/apartments.htm

All the lift pass, ski hire and lessons dont have any commision.

we paid for 4x 6days morning group lessons ESF. £70 each

Lift Pass Mont de la Lune (with 1 day in milky way or 1 day in serre che). £105 each

hire
£70 each

so in total it was
£582 each

Im sure you'll have your on own equipment and dont have lessons. That would make it considerably cheaper.

They are great people and very good at looking after you.

You'll want to head over to the doire valley and rocher d'aigle (eagle rock), all the off piste skiers rave about the area. All the off piste has been tracked out, but there is still some lovely untouched snow even though it has gone hard due to cold tempratures. Its forecasted to snow this coming thursday, that'll hopefully bring some powder. Other good areas are from the top le chalvet and an easy fun narrow gully called death valley in les Gondorans.

Not that im a border, but i reccomend the border cross. It is brilliant fun, you pick up loads of speed and there are sharp bends and jumps.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks.
£650 seems abit high for accomodation - especially self-catering. Ours is £310 half board (but not in their own restaurant). Our other big cost is the guide. And we may need a Milky Way liftpass - I'm waiting to hear from the guide.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball, £650 per apartment not per person, so £165 per person for 4 people, and it is one of the most expensive weeks of the season.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah right - that very good then.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy