Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Funky Chicken - St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ashamedly (or not!) I've only ever been in the Funky Chicken in St Anton in a drunken blur. This year I'm taking the family to St A, so the drunkeness will be reduced but for one night we will have to feed the kids ourselves when the chalet staff have their night off.

The menu at the FC is obviously kid friendly but I wondered how kid friendly it would be at 5pm ish both in terms of fellow diners and the state of the place. I've never had any reason to complain personally bit I've never been in there before with any great concern for the state of the kitchen or the rowdiness of the clientele etc.

Could anybody recommend the FC for kids or otherwise suggest some alternatives for an early kids tea please?

Something more towards Naaserein would be OK as that is where we are staying.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Tyke, A nice littleguide is www.maddogski.com fits in your pocket and so can be used easily on the move. I purchased one last year and it is well worth it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But if you don't buy it ... try Anton Restaurant/Aquila/Hax'n Stub'n/Maximilian or Pizza Pomodoro
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
plectrum wrote:
But if you don't buy it ... try Anton Restaurant/Aquila/Hax'n Stub'n/Maximilian or Pizza Pomodoro

I'd second the pomodoro..would be great for kids..big portions and a nice vibe. As it was full when we tried to eat (8pm ish) they have an arrangement with the bar next door where you can order and eat in the bar, which works well..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll 3rd the Pmodoro. Cheap and cheerful.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
plectrum, bertie bassett, richmond, thanks for the tips! Pomodoro sounds like a good option.

Happy New Year!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bit of thread resurrection here, but heading to St Anton end of March with two 7 and 8 year olds. We have bed and breakfast so will be eating out every night. Eating early (6:30'ish) and fairy quickly so looking for kid friendly menu rather than gourmet dining.

Are the recommendations of:

"Anton Restaurant/Aquila/Hax'n Stub'n/Maximilian or Pizza Pomodoro"

still valid considering ten years have now past?

Would be nice to have some ideas of suitable places to go rather than dragging tired kids round town looking at menus and peering through windows!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pretty much, yes. Although Hax'n is now Galzig bistro and the menu might not be as appealing to kids, depending on their taste. There is now Anthony's hotel which houses a pizzeria and a steak house where Funky's/Pommos/Platzl used to be (Pommos has moved across the road). Also Bodega, tapas place, which has some kid friendly dishes. Nasserein end of town there is San Antonios (pizza and pasta as well as other dishes) and a pizza/kebab place just opposite the Nassereinbahn.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's brilliant, thank you. I suspected some places would have changed in ten years.

There is plenty there to get us started. Tapas place sounds like a good option to try which wouldn't have thought of.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy