Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez ski instructors?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book some lessons for our trip later this season. I see on the website that there are 3 ski schools. ESF, British Masterclass and the International Ski School.

This is primarily for Mrs Z who is getting more nervous and cautious year on year.

Anyone had any experience of any of these 3?

Are there any others?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ray Zorro, my kids and wife both have private lessons with ESF , theer coming on fine and all happy which is the main thing Very Happy .
sorry cant add anything for the other 2 as we haven't used them. I wish i could get over to LDA and get some lessons from Easiski snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masterclass are easily the best.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, what makes them the best?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro, Masterclass worked wonders for me on my 3rd week skiing, I'd highly recommend them. After my 2nd week being shouted at by a French ESF instructor to ski parallel, without actually being shown how to do it rolling eyes , within 5 mins of the start of my Masterclass lesson I was doing lovely parallel turns leaving nice little tramlines in the snow. Little Angel Little Angel There's been lots written about them on here if you do a search. For classes they do (or used to do) 3 mornings in the week, splitting into appropriate levels at the start of the first morning. They only have fairly small classes. Whoever she uses, I hope your wife's confidence increases Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, most effective instruction. Is there another criterion?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was just about to post a thread asking the same question! I'm going with a very keen friend who hasn't skied on snow before but is working his way up the levels at the Plymouth dry ski slope- if he can ski on that awful slope he should be great on snow! snowHead He's hoping to get to Level 5 by the time we go out on the beginning of Feb.

As far as I can see he can pay 140 euros for 6 mornings of ESF group tuition (2hrs 45 each) with a bit of a discount on the lift pass or the same price for 3 group sessions with Masterclass (2hrs each).

Would he be too inexperienced to get the best out of Masterclass? Or would the advantage of him being keen to progress and having the continuity of English tuition having already had lessons with BASI-qualified instructors outweigh the lack of lesson time?

I guess going out in the first week of Feb may hopefully mean that the ESF lessons aren't too crowded and oversubscribed compared to the French half term.

Any opinions on what would be best for him?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr. Will, I don't think they take total beginners in their classes, but then he wouldn't be. I'd suggest dropping them an email, explaining the situation. See what they say http://www.masterclass.f9.co.uk/index.htm . If they will take him, it would certainly be money well spent to have tuition there, in my opinion snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski with Stuart Adamson. Lots of teaching experience. Former BASI trainer. Ski Masterclass
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alpine Logic, rubbish jokes though. Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In another Alpe d'Huez friend one poster was referring to a "grumpy old man"- is that Stuart? Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dr. Will, doesn't sound like Stuart to me.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd recommend Sebastien Ballereau
Stance Snow Ski School
Alpe d'Huez
Ski-Snowboard-Telemark
+33 608 108 964
www.stance-snow.com

My kids (good intermediates) had lessons with him last Feb & got on very well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy