Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your Favourite Piece of Gear

Poster: A snowHead
Through out the time you have been skiing what single item has been your best purchased/received/acquired piece of equipment? It can be anything - boots, skis, clothing, gadgets, etc

My favourite were my Oakley Eye Jackets. The best sunnies I have ever had. They fitted my face perfectly, never fogged, and never came off even when I hit a tree (which reminds me), indestructible, and they looked cool.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
my new ski helmet saved me a few times rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Neoprene face mask – saw them in S&R a few years ago, bought two on impulse. GF said she’ll never wear hers.
I but both pairs in my jacket on the next ski trip, weather closed in later that day, I stopped and fixed mine, offered GF the hers, she took and put it on – ever looked back since – she always checks that she has her mask with her now. In fact she has two now, for when one mask needs a wash!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Salomon Softshell deifnately - so versitile and just darn useful. Nordica boots, just becuase i don't have to spend money on renting boots any more. Finally my DSLR, considering the conditions its coped brilliantly, i just wish my hands could withstand the cold as well as it does!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I like most of my ski gear - its just nice to have and look at, I'm quite keen on my skis though and although it seems odd my box of disposable contacts that I've been given permission to wear - I can now wear my goggles to best effect.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As a mostly off-piste skier I loved my Volant Chubb skis (now deceased) but I must admit my replacement Scott Missions, bought last season, though marginally less good in crud and breakable crust, grip icy pistes and carve on piste better. And having touring bindings now makes things so much easier if a bit of skinning is needed (I used to use converters, which were heavy and time consuming to put on).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a little clip on watch which lives on the outside of my ski jacket. Saves fumbling around underneath several layers of clothes to find my wristwatch. It came in a Christmas cracker and I've cherished it ever since. It's the best bit of kit I own.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My ruck-sac. Ity's the first one I've had with pockets in the waist band which you can get at wtihout taking the whole thing off - great for camera, mobile phone and walkie-talkie (Walkie-talkie is the second most favourite piece of gear).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can't say for definite at the minute, but I have a suspicion that by the time I get back from Les Arcs, the Polar Buff that I got for Christmas might be quite high on the list Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hip flask Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar wrote:
I have a little clip on watch which lives on the outside of my ski jacket. Saves fumbling around underneath several layers of clothes to find my wristwatch. It came in a Christmas cracker and I've cherished it ever since. It's the best bit of kit I own.

good shout there pal we have little clip on stopwatches with a watch on them at work. first day back at work a trip to the stores for a new watch for jasons rucksack wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nick L, don't forget that in France, you have to call it a talkie-walkie. wink My favourite item is a pair of expensive goggles I bought half price in a sale in Go Sport in Caen, must have been 15 years ago and have worn for months of skiing since, including five whole seasons. They are not very attractive - probably why they were half price - but they are a brilliant fit and don't fog up even with specs underneath. I am thinking of treating myself to some sleek new ones though; they're getting very tatty and the elastic isn't what it was.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski, of course. Don't slide too well without it. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
abc wrote:

Would you not prefer to have two of them? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Three things spring to mind:

Oakley Goggles: Simply awesome. I used to hate skiing if it was snowing because my old goggles were hopeless - sunglasses were great (also Oakley) but as soon as it snowed they were useless and my goggles had dreadful lenses that not only fogged up at the sight of air, but also provided less definition than a blindfold...

Face mask: Got as a freebie off the guy that sells clothing and accessories at my old school's ski trip meeting. Told him I was off skiing before Christmas and that the temps were below -10 and he gave it me to try on. When I asked "how much?" he said I could have it. Toofy Grin Lifesaver at the top of Jersey Cream and Glacier Express on Blackcomb!

My new skis: simply awesome is all I'll say.
ski holidays
mark_s wrote:
abc wrote:

Would you not prefer to have two of them? Toofy Grin
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
I had a pair of Leki leather gloves. I loved those gloves.... Crying or Very sad
snow report
rob@rar, That sounds really useful! It is a damned nuisance fumbling around to see a watch.

My new skis snowHead
snow report
Scud wrote:
Neoprene face mask
Quote:
Never looked back since
Sounds like it's too tight... Wink

Errr...I love me Oakley half jackets, I do Very Happy
snow report
My boot heaters!!
latest report
my small backpack with 1.5 litre hydration unit. dont have to take it off on chairlifts and has just enough room for a few essentials.
ski holidays
My Stormriders - The Muts Nuts Very Happy
ski holidays
My Strolz boots - custom fit by their top 2 technicians, Frank and Dietmar. Awesome. Don't delay get some today!
http://www.strolz.at/english/gesamt.htm
snow report
it's a tossup between my oakley goggles (so good I bought another pair when my first ones went missing, presumably left in some hotel room or resort toilet), and my killy ski pants purchased in the sales - at the time I thought the £80 price was extravagant even if it was ony 50% of the original £160 price, but god they've been good, have seen me for every single day of skiing since I bought them and still look like new five years on
latest report
rob@rar wrote:

Sounds cool, if I didn't get away with lift clocks here in Wengen i'd get one too Smile
ski holidays
also my oakley glasses and googles snowHead
snow conditions
jase2472, I agree with your first offer: helmet
Best by I ever made.
snow conditions
I bought a face mask this year - it makes a hell of a difference in very bad conditions.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't go anywhere on the slopes now without my Ski Wings. http://www.skiwings.com/
ski holidays
chris, They are a bit Dale Winton Confused snowHead
ski holidays
gwaelod, sorry, I think I had drunk too much Red Bull when I posted that! wink
ski holidays
I bought a Nike ACG Ascent watch with altimeter, barometer/weather forecast function, which is accurate. The watch is on an elasticated strap which means it can be worn over your jacket, giving you all the info you need and readily available too. They're less than £30 on ebay now too. The other good thing I have is a 'snood' or neck tube. It really keeps the chills out. Smile Smile Smile
latest report
Oakley goggles and my M Frames and my new spyder jacket and ohh ohh my new impact 10 boots
snow report
undoubtedly my new skis (Icelantic Nomads). I'm also very fond of a fleecy hat I own but sadly largely no longer worn as I have a helmet. The hat makes me look like a mediaeval peasant due to its rather odd shape, but I LIKE IT, so there.
snow report
All of it, any of it, old or new, I love it all.

3 sleeps Very Happy
ski holidays
My Quiksilver gloves. My only piece of flashy equipment. They have inner gloves, meaning the gloves themselves never get sweaty and smelly. Simply remove the inners and wash them.

Kept my hands warm at all times, toughest test was kepping me mits warm at -8 at night and did themselves proud. Not an extreme test i now.

So much better than my cheapo pair i had a year ago. Good xmas present!
snow report
my lovely volant vertex silver skis.
ski holidays
I'm fond of a little edging tool spyderjon, sold me. It is nice to know your edges are always sharp.

snowHead
ski holidays
My new Recons. They put a BIG smile on my face all last week.
snow conditions
Pretty pleased with all my kit as it happens, which is why I bought it. All works as it should and some, IMV.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy