Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie accomm - Cedar Bowl Lodge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A question for PhotoTim or any other Fernie regulars. I have been offered a good deal on a condo rental in Fernie for our forthcoming trip 25 Jan - 1 Feb.

Cedar Bowl Lodge

However looking on the map it appears to be a bit of a trek from the town centre.

How far is that from the town centre (walking)?

And for access to the hill?

Trying to decide between the convenience and cheapness of the Raging Elk Hostel, or a more luxurious condo, such as the one above. Confused
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure that Photo T will be responding, but the town and the hill are approx. 5 miles apart, don't know the specific spot you mention.

Still you should love it, it's snowing again. Silver Mtn. only got 4" but just finished plowing 9" from the drive.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The hill is south from you down the highway about 5km down. You'll need a rental car to get there, or get the bus. Not sure if there's a stop nearby. As for being far from town, the main bars are on 2nd or on the highway, so you're probably a 15min walk from them - about the same as for me, and I'm on 2nd ave/12th st.

I've heard really good things about the Raging Elk though, apparently it's pretty nice.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the ski bus doesn't go past you, but as it's a B&B the owners may offer a lift service? It's about $20 in a cab from town to the ski hill
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt, we'll have a hire car.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In that case the world is your oyster. We stayed on the hill as we like the convenience, and night life was not an issue - we stayed in some nights, went into town some nights, and some nights ate on the hill. "Nightlife" on the hill is pretty limited though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry, missed this thread. I think everyone has just about covered it, although I would say its probably more like a 20-25 minute walk. No idea what the cedar bowl lodge is like though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy