Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Emergency repairs

Poster: A snowHead
I carry duck tape ( small amount wrapped round the handle of a multi tool) and cable ties.
What do other people carry with them for repairs Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To repair what?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anything that breaks eguipment wise
Only time Ive had a breakage was with ruch sack strap

Probably not the best stuff for broken bits of body though
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lifted this from Epic: JB Weld. (probably called by a diferent name in UK but basically a two-part epoxy) Strong enough to glue broken poles back togather.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cable ties rock.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Garfield, Duct tape is good. I was reading about skins and if they refuse to stick then duck tape can be useful. I think for broken bones the best tool is a mobile phone ....... to call in the heli-rescue
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Garfield, I've carried Duck tape in the past which I have used to patch all the holes in my ski bag caused by baggage handlers. Very Happy

snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Duct tape is great for torn clothing (gloves, salopettes cut by skis etc) - though I usually also take a needle and thread in my suitcase. I also take a stick of P-Tex and a scraper
For almost everything else a swiss army knife does me (including screwdriver to adjust bindings) plus a small file for edges. So far I haven't needed pliers but one day I may wish I had a leatherman.
I used to take a travelling iron and wax but there is so seldom anywhere to do it and with current weight restrictions on budget airlines you need to think about weight if you also carry a backpack, skins, shovel, probe, transciever, first aid kit, water bottle etc etc..
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wrap the Duct tape around an old credit card.
Can carry tons of it like this, and it takes up less room than on a roll
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Credit Card. Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A gold sovereign sewn into my belt a la James Bond. wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cable ties, leatherman, mini-racket screw-driver, various bit of straps that I have accumulated, first aid kit and loads of plasters...!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kramer wrote:
A gold sovereign sewn into my belt a la James Bond. wink

You just like the serch at the airport wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh I forgot - I carry a spare pole basket (has been needed twice by me and twice by friends).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My other half had a small hole in his board pants, it hadn't gone right through but the outerlayers were ripped and it looked unlikely they could be sewn together. However, always one to try, I found some nail varnish base and strengthening coat in my drawer and thought I would apply that to stop the outer material from fraying so I could then sew it. Turned out I didn't need to get the needle out. I ws able to pull the layers together and make them stick using the varnish. Once it had hardened I gave it another coat. We haven't tried it yet but the hole is well sealed up and rock hard! I'm impressed ! I might take it with me when I go skiing.
snow report
That's a good tip Very Happy
latest report
My old salopettes have loads of crampon holes... simply use a patch of the super strength black duck tape and it'll last for years.
snow conditions
jan, snowball, Also works well if you have a ladder in your stockings, clear is less noticeable than bright red wink
ski holidays
Megamum, I used to use clear nail varnish to seal the whippings on my trout flies. Casting, dunking in water, caught in trees.... it lasts for ever Cool
snow conditions
Megamum, I don't wear stockings very often Blush
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy