Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cheap ski weekends or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi a everyone ,happy christmas .Once again im doing one of my so called cheap ski weekend ,but am i kidding myself ,i swear i could do a week for the same :trips is as follows

Ryan air flights to bergamo (italy£160 for 4 including skis )
car hire ..................................£180 for five days
Hotel @ 70 € per person half board
dolomiti superski pass for 3 half days 140 euros per person
weekend spending moneys say 350 euros for two

so for three and half days skiing half board ,works out at £300 per person ,what do you think Puzzled ,some times weekend are the only way to get away .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ozwhit, lift pass seems expensive for 3.5 days. 6 days here costs 181 euros. (here is Serre Chevalier)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why is skiing soooo expensive. Even the cheapest holiday short break doesn't give you much change out of £450(inc spending money). I've just been away to Tignes on the Atomic ski camp. That was £140 for 4 days accomodation half board and transfers. We couldn't get the cheap flights to match the transfers so we hired a car for 4 days at £105, £35 each, airport parking £10 each, flights £70 and about £170 spending money. That works out at £425. I'm not sure that for what we got could have been beaten on price, especially as the accomodation included lift pass for the espace killy and free equipment. I'm going away in the first week of february with about 6 mates (nothing booked yet) and are hoping to book in the middle of January to get a cheaper deal. Is this the best way forward for keeping costs down??? and for having a better idea of where the snows gonna be!!!! Or is the cheap holiday option gonna have to be bulgaria???
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

and about £170 spending money

In 4 days!!! Shocked

What (and how much) did you drink? Puzzled Shocked

It seems to me it's not the "skiing" part of the holiday that's expensive. It's the "holiday" part... But then, you're on holiday and having a good time. Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
£170 seems a lot if you're half-board too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry 5 days not 4. and that makes me seem less of an alcoholic too!!!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lunch for 4 of us yesterday was 55 euros including wine (Bivouac du Casse, steaks and stuff) Today less at 41 euros including wine and coffee (Bachas, Pasta).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

that makes me seem less of an alcoholic too!!!!!
not if you spent £170 primarily on booze in 5 days it doesn't!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ozwhit, that is sooo cheap, no 'called' about it.... try this, 4 nights in Verbier..... flight to geneva £100, taxi to resort 600€, Kings Parc 290chf a night for 4 nights, 4V ski pass 5 days 200€, spending money/tips... £10/hour roughly £1000 = £2400 Shocked could I get a week anywhere for that? wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ozwhit, in the day, I reckoned that £110/day was my average cost. And quite happy to pay that.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, entertaininng on the mountains seems to be very good value. The lift pass would be much more expensive in that part of Italy as they would have far more lifts in that area compared to SC, so it could be considered better value. It is a stunning area one we will definately go back to.

Like you we always have the use of a certain bolt hole but Selva turned my head this year, spectacular scenery similar to Zermatt IMO.

red 27, I suppose there is a market for all sorts and wallet sizes. ozwhit, You will have a ball, the hidden valley from Laguzoi is a must. Have fun.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy