Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites report

Poster: A snowHead
Not my report but a report from alpinforum, I'll be there next week so will give you my view then.

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24617 (in german but great pictures)

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some nice images. I'm off over there on Jan 19th so these pictures are a welcome sight. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Phil Jordan, I'm going there too Jan 19th and staying in Selva.

Snow is forecast over the next few days there so hopefully it will be good by the time i get there.

http://www.valgardena.it/eng/page319.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Ross,

Any updates?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spent Xmas week at Val Di Fassa. Don't worry about seeming low snow depths reported as the snow making and preparation of the pistes is terriffic. Although there is little off-piste except at the edge of the pistes in little dips etc I never encountered any bare patches or rocks on piste. The sheer amount of skiing km is awesome. Had some lovely blue sky days but was cold & never softened the snow.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lechbob/ValDiFassa/:
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lechbob,

Beautiful Pics snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice photos Lechbob, brings back a few memories.

surfski, yes I've noticed Metcheck have been forecasting snow for a few days now. Just hope it holds up, and doesn't mysteriously disappear like the last lot I saw on there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnboy, Just back last night, a late arrival in Dublin and fairly tired after all the travel. I will post a full report with loads of pics and video later but I would back up what Lechbob said, conditions on piste were amazing, some of the best on-piste conditions I have experienced, especially on Alpe de Suisi. It snowed a little on Thursday and Friday and then heavier on Saturday. I went around the Sella ronda on Saturday, visibility wise it wasn't the best day but as it was change over day there were no queues. It was powder all the way and Sunday was even better as the clouds lifted and the sun came out.

The views are amazing, I nmust have taken about 20 pictures of Sassolungo alone!

More detail later.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just checked out my ski performance on the www.dolomitisuperski.com website. All you need to do it input the unique code on your lift pass. It tells me every lift I went on every day and the sequence I used them. In 7 days skiing I covered 247km using 152 lifts with an altitude gain of 45,154 metres!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Totally agree - piste conditions were superb. There were some very cold days last week and it was snowing heavily when we left on Saturday.

Here's some pics - mostly taken on the Cinque Torri/Hidden Valley trip.

http://picasaweb.google.com/robt.ski/Selva_0708
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rob T, nice pics, where is the hidden valley? Is it in Alta Badia somewhere? I was over in Corvara one day but it was getting a bit late to do too much exploring as I was worried abou making it back over Passo Gardena in time.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here is the kind of data you get from the ski performance check, this was the day I went on the Sellaronda

Nr of Lifts

Height difference (mt)

Slopes lenght estimation (Km)

Date: 05-01-2008

1. Cab.Saslong

2. Segg.Sochers-Ciampinoi

3. Segg.Costabella

4. Cab.Danterceppies

5. BOREST Rit.

6. BOÈ

7. Segg.CAMPOLONGO

8. Segg.CAMPOLONGO

9. Segg.CAMPOLONGO

10. Segg.BURZ

11. Fun.PORTAVESCOVO

12. Dmc EUROPA 1

13. Dmc EUROPA 1

14. Segg.PORTADOS

15. Fun.PORTAVESCOVO

16. Fun.PORTAVESCOVO

17. Segg.FODOM

18. Segg.LEZUO

19. PRADEL-RODELLA

20. NOREI - CINQUE DITA

21. Segg.Sole Piz Seteur

22. Segg.Comici 1

23. Segg.Comici 1

24. Fun.Piz Sella

25. Fun.Piz Sella

26. Fun.Piz Sella

27. Segg.Piza Pranseies

28. Segg.Sochers-Ciampinoi

29. Segg.Sochers-Ciampinoi

Here are my favourite lifts by number of times used

14 Segg.Sochers-Ciampinoi
13 Segg.Mezdi
10 Segg.Monte Seura
7 Cab.Saslong
6 Segg.Laurin
6 Segg.Panorama
5 Segg.Fermeda
4 Segg.Florian
4 FRARA
4 Segg.Sochers

And here's the number of transits by ski area (I only left Val Gardena ski area on 2 days)

Nr. of Transits Ski area
125 Gardena - Alpe di Siusi
13 Alta Badia
12 Cons. Arabba Marmolada
2 Consorzio Imp. a Fune Val di Fassa
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

where is the hidden valley?

You have to get a bus or taxi to the start although most tour operators do day trips there. It starts by getting the cable car from Passo Lagazoui then the run heads back over towards Alta Badia winding down passing many cliffs. Eventually it gets very flat and you have a choice of walking/poling out or paying a couple of euros to get towed out by horse. It should be on anyones Dolomites hitlist IMO.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swirly, I'll do it next time!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Staying in Corvara halfterm week. Will be doing the Laguzoi trip and would imagine the queue for the poor old horses will be horrendous. Anybody had this experience then?
snow report
Christina1, The big queue will be that waiting to go up the Laguzio cable car.
snow report
Christina1, not done it in Half term but as riverman, says the queue will be for the cable car. That limits how many people can start the run at once and it's long enough for everyone to get spread out.
snow report
You can get links of some of my videos with snow conditions here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=818595#818595
latest report
Peter Ross, just checked my ski performance check from Jan 15th - 20th 2006 and i was very surprised how much i covered in the area. I take it though its for the lifts and not the skiing? Cant work out the translation from Italian.

DATI TOTALI DA 15-01-2006 A 20-01-2006
N° impianti: 120
Dislivello (mt.) 35.221
Stima (km) 197

Sella Ronda in one day
DATI TOTALI DA 15-01-2006 A 20-01-2006
N° impianti: 21
Dislivello (mt.) 5.619
Stima (km) 33

Looking forward to going back to Selva Jan 19th. This time I'm going to ski around Alpe di Siusi. Done the Hidden Valley 3 times but hate the bottom part with the horse sledge, takes up to much time and hassle, but still fun if you have never done it and i can highly recommend it! wink Just make sure after stopping off at Scotoni Mountain Inn go as fast as you can down the last bit so you have less poling to do before you get to the sledge.

Has anyone used the mobile services on http://www.dolomitisuperski.mobi/ Puzzled
Would be great to meet up with others to ski with as i will be on my own this time. Crying or Very sad

Oh and by the way there is more snow for the Dolomites this Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Yippy snowHead

Forecast
Fri 11.01.08 Sat 12.01.08 Sun 13.01.08
snow report
surfski, I think it is the skiing estimate and not the lifts as you can get the info in English and that's what my output says above. Lucky u going again, with more snow forecast it should be super.
snow report
any news on cortina/kronplatz?
ski holidays
nick0861, I wasn't in either place but I think they had the same weather as I experienced as they are very close to the Sellaronda.
ski holidays
More snow has fallen in the Dolomites over night with approximately 40-80cm of fresh snow. Looks like next week is going to be great as high pressure is building over the weekend but sadly with warmer temperatures before it goes colder on Monday.
snow conditions
surfski, Sounds good,

Off topic, I see Val Gardena tourism are running a photo competition for guests so get out all those fabulous snaps and you could win a free stay, details here http://www.valgardena.it/?pagid=468&artid=1256&lang=eng
snow report
Just back from Selva and had a fantastic week. The snow the first 3 days was really good but it was very warm on the mountain. On the Tuesday the wind started to pick up and it snowed a little in the morning then cleared up in the afternoon. Tuesday evening the temperature dropped to -10c so the next morning was a very cold start. The only problem i noticed a lot of the snow had blown off the slopes and left it very hard packed and icy in places. The next day was better after a lot of overnight snow making and made the slopes near perfect again but the temperatures stared to rise again and made it very warm mid day. I couldn't fault the weather as it was almost sunny every day with hardly any clouds! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
At the risk of being shouted at by Brian, et al, the GFS forecasters for this area seem to vary wildly from day-to-day between "Tons of snow" and "no snow".

I don't think Bev would take another ice-fest!

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy