Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

These Boots Were Made For Walking....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Okay, so I guess it's slightly off topic but.... Toofy Grin

Having read many threads on snowHeads about boot fitting, and hearing so many good reports of certain pro's on here, I started thinking about the fact that I need a new pair of walking boots. My current pair are a size too big, which results in blisters, and have started to let in. So I went in search of some walking bootfitters.

Most of the shops I went to didn't really offer me much help, but Outside at Hathersage were amazing. The guy must have spent about 45 mins measuring my feet and explaining why he needed to measure them in different places/positions/weightings and then got my trying on specific ones that he thought would be suitable for my foot size/shape. All in all,I must have been there over 2 hours. At no point was I rushed, ignored or pressured into buying a pair that weren't perfect.....so I thought I'd give them a shameless plug on here in case any snowHeads were needing a new pair of walking boots. (They have a great cafe as well snowHead )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Elizabeth B, Glad you got sorted - mine came from Foothills in Edgedale Rd, Sheff, who were also pretty good, but that's a few years ago now!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NewSkier, they were on my list of places to try, as I've heard really good things about them, but managed to get sorted before I made it to them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elizabeth B, Steve Robinson at Lockwoods is THE best in the business bar none, lucky for us skibootfitters he never made the move over to plastics. See him or buy blind at a rumage sale, end of!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got mine from Millets in Norwich and was impressed with time they took and the way I was sent hiking around the shop and up and down the stairs the really get my feet properly positioned in them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy