Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dilemma re ADH

Poster: A snowHead
6 of us are going to ADH in Jan (25th-2nd Feb to be exact). There are 2 parties my family of 4 and a couple of hangers on Very Happy , who are staying in a separate apt.
The 25th is a Friday and the agency has said that 3 days before we arrive IF the apt is vacant we can have it for 71 Eur, or we can book it now for the week for 432 Eur (even though we only want it for 1 night at the end).
Having checked a few hotels it seems that if we have to book into one it will be about the same cost (B&B) for just us 4 as it will be for the apt for the week.

So do I
1. Hang tough and hope the place is available thus saving a lot of Euros?
2. Book it for the week happy that I know we have a place to stay? Divided by 6 its 70 Eur each.
3. Hope that the hotel prices fall in Jan nearer the time?

The one thing that must not happen is we have nowhere to stay on the 1st night as Mrs B is not very understanding or tolerant when it comes to sleeping rough. rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
how are you getting up to the resort? if you have cars, you could always stay somewhere out of the resort and drive up on the saturday morning. probably also depends on how much organising your kids require...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Michael B, do you like living dangerously Puzzled Fine on your own or with mates but with the family in tow I'd prefer to sort it asap, or spend the next month worrying...

Also be aware that the apt may not be available until the afternoon on Sat. if you don't have it booked over friday night.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, Taxi so we do want to get to the resort on Friday. (Extra days skiing as well) Very Happy
It's the low season supposedly so I'm FAIRLY sure we can get somewhere.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michael B, just thought if you could find a hotel that would accept cancellation up to say 48h before arrival then you'd be sorted, but still able to take the apartment at the low rate if its still available?

Btw, I was in AdH earlier this week and there's loads of snow already snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Please, what or where is ADH?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim, Alpe d'Huez, well at least that's my interpretation Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim, Don't be so stupid it stands for Antidiuretic hormone rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim, Get with the programme. It's the same as "Val D" "L2A" etc. Alpe D'Huez. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Michael B,

And of course LR snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Exactly Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michael B, I would hang on, on the basis that even if the apartment you have booked is not available, another one will be, in that low-season week, in such a big resort So if, at the last moment, you can't get your 1 night, you could surely book another apartment for the week and be no worse off - be a hassle to move, of course, but that's quite a lot to shell out for a night. I wouldn't count on hotels getting cheaper though - the French aren't always too good at price elasticities! You should be able to check availability on the internet, on a variety of accommodation, to check you're not running it too close to the wire.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michael B, go back in time and book flights that coincide with apartment availability?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Murdoch, No! No! No! You've missed the point. We get an extra days skiing on the Sat when the resort is empty as everyone else is going home/arriving. Plus the flights were about £100 cheaper. So no matter what we will be there on Friday. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Michael B, Do not get a taxi, hire a minibus and if you need to book in somewhere down the valley. Get up to resort early sort out skis, boots, lift pass and get on the slopes. You can do as much faffing as you like even when staying in the resort. The car hire also allows you more flexibility if by chance you want to do other things and places!!

Enjoy the week. We are off the the PdS same week! Bring it on!!
ski holidays
Michael B, all these initials may be fine for ancient posters like you and me, but new snowheads will find this sort of thing unhelpful.
I don't think we do it just for shorthand: we do it to show we are one of the in-crowd.
I also fight it in medicine. Communication should be inclusive not exclusive.
snow report
Michael B wrote:
Jonpim, Get with the programme. It's the same as "Val D" "L2A" etc. Alpe D'Huez. Very Happy

Get with the programme yourself. If you want to be consistent, Val D is VDI and les Deux Alpes is LDA, they are tour operator codes for the resorts used in their IT systems and derived from the airport code system.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy