Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to Jasper in January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, I am a noob and this is my first post, so I apolodise in advance if I am getting this all wrong.

I am off to Jasper for the very first time in January with some friends and have been told it's really really cold. I know that I should have done some research and got myself sorted out, but now I am left to try and gain some advice from you all with the hope that somebody can help me out.

I am an Oakley fan and wanted to get a really nice jacket with at least a nitro fuel rating, well I guess I am getting a little tunnel visioned with what I like and not what is going to be better for me!!! I already have a good pair of Oakley ski trousers.

I would like to get a jacket that is light yet good against the elements particularly wind and cold....I don't want to get cold!!!! Sad anyway I have heard so much about 3 layer laminates, goretex etc and I guess that I should trust in others expert knowledge and experience when it comes to splashing out the money. Is there a particular brand etc I should be looking at?

I know that this sort of all sounds disjointed Puzzled , but having just sorted out my flights etc...I just need to sort out clothing.

Hope somebody out there can help me.

Many Thanks and Merry Christmas. snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
as well as many layers etc etc I think that you will need some liners for your gloves (silk is good, Decathlon has some for about a fiver) and (very important) a face protector of some sort such as either a full size balaclava or one of those neoprene masks if they still do them. I was in canada once when it was chilly and they wouldn't let you up the lifts if not covered up properly.

You really don't want anything exposed.

Oh, and goggles not glasses.

d

ps. WHen you say 'for the very first time' do you mean 'first time skiing/boarding' or 'first time in Jasper'. If the former, then I think they are taking the p+ss as learning in minus a million might not be much of a laugh.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jan usually has a cold snap a week down as low as -40. lots of layers is key. thermals polo neck middle layer fleece and good quality jacket should suffice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies so far....Yes it's going to be my first time in both fields....so I guess that I really am relying on everybodies help when it comes to getting my gear....more help please!!!!!!!!! snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are you flush? How much do you want to spend?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am looking at between £150 and £200. Have looked at loads of brands including the north face free thinker, spyder, etc etc...will also check out ebay.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bodger007, lucky to get spyder for £150-£200 tbh. north face stuff is pretty handy and not so expensive. Try Nike ACG you can't go far wrong there. Maker sure you get something with insulation though beacuse Jasper can get so incomprehendably cold!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well I am going to go with whatever you guys recommend to me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
when in jan are you going , im going on the 16th
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy