Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which is the best ski school in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
We are off to St Anton on 30th Dec and we want to book ski school for at least 3 days, I am not v good and my husband is better, so we will be in different classes - a good thing.
there are 2 school on the St anton site - does anyone have views on which is the best?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is only one well 2 but owned by the same person! The EU Monopoly rules are having difficulty penetrating the centre of the alps! However the school and tuition is generally top class
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any that does not have Her Walter as its head. Evil or Very Mad Perhaps I should have said any but the Arlberg.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
purplegirl, if your looking for adventure / off piste then look at www.pistetopowder.com BASI and IFMGA guides and instructors. British owned.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
why?Dypcdiver,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
He is head of ski school, head of the Austrian ski instructors association, second in command at the St Anton tourist office. He has bullied his way into all of these positions. He views the mountain a his own property and treats everyone with contempt. Not a nice man, he is power mad. I could go on.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dypcdiver, you don't exchange Christmas cards then? wink

My wife and I are looking for a few hours private tuition in St Anton in a couple of weeks. P2P looked a bit too off piste based on their website and whilst we wouldn't mind a dabble iwth a guide/ instructor don't want a full session on it really. I guess that leaves us with the other two to choose from. Despite their proprietors reputation is there a clear favourite or any other alternative for 2-3 hours guiding/ tuition?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Tyke,
Quote:

Dypcdiver, you don't exchange Christmas cards then?
NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh Very Happy

Just checked my wife's notes which I'm sorry date back to our last visit/conflict in 2001. I don't know if the other ski school still exists but back then it was "St Anton Ski School - director Franz Klimmer (tel 0043 5446 3714)" his comment about the head of the Arlberg SS was that he (Franz Klimmer) was too busy running a ski school to be the world's policeman!
It is a great area so I hope you have fun and find a good instructor.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dypcdiver, Erm slightly libelous.

purplegirl, Although I am not saying Dypcdiver is wrong I think firstly you need to realise he has just posted as it stands a groundless accusation. Secondly St Anton is one of the finest known resorts in the world and the ski schools have a very high regard. Thirdly I have 1 experience of Richard Walter which is contradictory to Dypcdiver's portrayal.

It was our last day in St Anton, we wake up and it has snowed 20sm. We decide to go off piste and ring the guide who we cancelled earlier in the week. He's now booked... damn. We ring the Ski School and they tell us that there is a powder camp which runs as a group of 6 people and comes in at I think 88 euro per person (quite cheap). We trundle off to the ski school walk in an book the club. They take our money and tell us to go to the orange flag outside.

We go wait by the flag but no-one is there, no instructor and no other people. We look around and there are loads of other groups at other flags. We return to the ticket office and they tell us to go back outside an look for the dude in the Yellow jacket i.e. Richard Walter teh head of the ski school.

We locate him immediately he is giving a debriefing to his team leaders. He listens to our problem and it seems the cashier has made a mistake. For powder club you need to book in advance as they only run it for groups min 4 people otherwise price increases to a personal guide rate. Now is the GREAT service as instead of a) telling us they are sorry but we need to come back another day or b) saying they will have to charge you 335 euro for a personal guide, Mr R.Walter honours our ticket, walks into the office and asks the head of the Snowboard school who is also a great skier to guide us for the whole day 9.30am to 4.30pm.

We had our best day skiing ever, the guiding and tuition which was given as well was superb and all for an amazing price.

On top of this my sister had lessons for the whole week and founf the service provided by the Ski School to be brilliant. They quickly moved her up a class rather than leave her in a class that wouldn't have been suitable.

So you take your choice but in my view both ski schools aim to be equal and offer brilliant tuition and service.

Ski Tyke,

This is a great option to do off -piste days without spending huge amounts of cash. Go in open groups and have fun!

http://www.powderclub.at/english/english_home.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
By the way there were two of us so a huge saving of over 160 euros was made courtesy of the Ski School!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
purplegirl, BTW I guess by this thread you haven't been to St Anton before ...... IT IS AMAZING ......REALLY REALLY AMAZING! I say this purely from a skiing perspective (as that is all I care about) but I hear it ain't to shabby for an apres ski perspective also (If you like dancing on tables then visit the Moose Bar)!

Enjoy your New Year.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
plectrum, I thought you had to say something untruthful to be libelous Confused
My experience is only based upon 4 seasons that I had reason to visit St Anton and on all but one of these I was in personal contact and negotiations with the Tourist office and the Arlberg ski school. My last contact with Richard Walter was an hour and a half conversation by mobile phone whilst he was in Vienna doing a TV appearance.
On all 4 occasions I hired a guide from the Arlberg ski school only once did we get a really good one and have a superb day. The three bad ones failed to do a transceiver check at the beginning of the day and they returned to base and left the group at 3 PM.
I am glad you enjoyed your time there, however my opinion is that St Anton would be an even better place if he stood down.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Krazy Kangaruh on a Thursday evening is a good education!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dypcdiver, I'm amazed that 3 guides of SS Arlberg failed to perform a tranceiver check. This is the most basic of basic checks!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
purplegirl, The Arlberg ski school is first rate, I can't recommend them highly enough.
snow report
plectrum, thanks for the Powder Club recommendation. That looks like a good option for us and saving money is always good news!! wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy