Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski '08

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all!

first post here so a big hello!

currently looking to go skiing in Jan, going to be on the 19th or later but not into feb as prices/queues are going to be a bit silly then, and would love to hear some reccomendations from you guys as to where we should head

Top of my list so far is La Rosiere, and that was before coming on here and reading about the running joke you guys have with it! Snow cover looks fab and the resort itself sounds great. The group will be 4 of us- 2 of us are decent intermediates and the other 2 are complete beginners so we need a balance for both.

Cost is key- I want to pay no more than £300, not including passes and gear. Anybody thinks this can be done in la ros?!
Ive skiied bulgaria and am not that keen on going again even though i know its the budget choice. France and Italy seem to be the next best choice when cost is an issue.

Already keeping track of the deals on igluski, ifyouski, skiline and alpine answers but as above, ANY reccomendations would be great!

Matt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
papillion_rouge, welcome to snowHeads for January in La Rosiere try and do a late booking. You should be able to get a qualiity late booking in a catered chalet inc flights and transfers for just under £300. Keep in touch with Iglu and Ski Solutions as they deal with most of the big players there. I can heartily recommend Ski Olympic. There chalets are all quite large and are priced according to luxury and convenience:
In order of cheapness:
Mamiray
Quatre Saison
Oliver
Grand & Petite Planica

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 19-12-07 12:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
papillion_rouge, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

If you're looking at keeping the costs down, then my tip would be to look at Austria. If you avoid the likes of St Anton, then you can usually sort out a good deal. Ski Amade or Saalbach would be good ski areas for you.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
papillion_rouge, welcome to snowheads. snowHead I'm sure you could do La Rosiere - it's a great place, but there are lots of others. You'll have lots of offers, I'm sure, and that's a good time. In France, it will be OK for the first week of February, too - the French holidays start 8 February. For your beginners you'll want really good instruction, which will make or break their first ski holiday. I'm sure you'll have lots of suggestions about that, too. There are some excellent choices in Austria, too, and that can be cheaper than France. There are some resorts which are definitely NOT good for beginners (Zermatt, for example) but given your criteria there's a huge choice. One thing to narrow down is whether you want a hotel, B & B, self catering or catered chalet. Personally, I'd go for the last, but it doesn't suit everybody. There are some very reasonable catered chalets, and because you have afternoon tea provided, and wine with dinner, it can work out a lot cheaper than being in a hotel where you pay for every single cup of tea or glass of wine.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the speedy replies!

i was going to add that id love a chalet really as in my experience they have def offered the best experience. Ive only ever skiied mayerhofen in aus and that was my first time and i remember it being, well, ok for beginners- i managed to take to skiing quickly but i would imagine that some may have found it more difficult maybe (it is a vivid memory though- was 10 years ago!)

will take a look at some of the resorts mentioned so far, like amade or sallbach and see how they compare. good ski school is def a must as you say, but im not too au fais with which countries are best for that!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
papillion_rouge la rosiere is a great choice, it's got one of the best records in France for snow-cover and it's a terrific place to learn to ski. We have availability for w/c 20th Jan you can find details on www.tracksvacations.com where you'll also find a link to the tourist office website with details of lift passes, ski schools etc. Don't forget to click on our special offers, we're giving a free lift pass with every January booking, so your budget will be easily met. You can contact us on info@tracksvacations.com for more information
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cheers david- that def looks like something to consider! out of interest, are flights included in that or do i need to take a visit to easy jet or someone?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
papillion_rouge, we don't include flights but because we use Geneva for transfers you've got lots of choice, Easyjet from Liverpool or BMI Baby from Manchester could be your best choices.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
papillion_rouge, Hi there - we're off to La Ros for the second time this Sunday - I really enjoyed it and it is not nearly as expensive as other French resorts.

Have you tried Livigno in Italy? It is pretty cheap to get to and a great range of accommodation. The skiing is great also and if you're into gadgets etc it is tax free.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome to snowHead 's papillion_rouge,

Wherever you choose it looks like conditions are going to be good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy