Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Perk or Pain?

Poster: A snowHead
A number of ex colleagues of mine (I no longer work for their company) are complaining about the duration and location of their 2005 H1 sales meeting.

Do they have cause for complaint or are they just a bunch of miserable so n so’s?

Location – Courchevel 1850

Agenda

Mon 21st Feb – Arrive Courch (Sun night accom is provided FOC if rq'd)
Tues 22nd Feb – 0830 to 1430 meetings – Rest of the day is your own
Wed 23rd Feb – 0830 to 1430 meetings – Rest of the day is your own
Thur 24th Feb – 0830 to 1230 meetings – 1900 - ???? Exit dinner
Fri 25th Feb – optional return home but Friday night stay is also FOC

Accom is 4* with all the trimmings (pool, Hammam etc)
Out of hours events include night husky ride to and from mountain restaurant for Exit Dinner, ice driving, wine tasting, ski/board lessons, Ice climbing, snow shoeing etc… Lift passes, equip hire food and drink is paid for by the company.
Additionally, for those who wish to add a couple of days either side, a peferential hotel rate (£50) has been negotiated for the Friday and Saturday night before the meeting and the Saturday and Sunday after the meetings.
PARTNERS are welcome but are obviously not invited to the work events such as the meetings, Exit Dinner, ice driving etc.

The skiers in the company are over the moon but there are a ½ doz individuals really hacked off by the dragged out nature of the trip(these guys don’t ski)

Can there be any justification for my ex colleagues to grumble?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs Laundryman, who is in fact Dr Laundryman, went on a "conference" in La Thuile last season. The lectures (including one on ski/board injuries) were in the evening, much better than the above schedule for those more interested in skiing than partying.

If the non-skiers above can't see interesting opportunities in Courchevel, one wonders what they're doing as sales persons!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you know if they have any openings Boardski, I could join mid Feb and leave end of Feb Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It would have been better to give them an evening meeting schedule, Im sure I would loose my way and need a piste map to find the meetings and I would have to go via the lifts. Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boardski and you left the company, gutted!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wonder if anyone turns up in salopettes for the afternoon sessions!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
laundryman Dr Laundryman wouldnt perchance be a particle physicist? Or do other fields have such cunning plans?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boardski, give them a slap- tell them to stop being so ungrateful - it could have been in Milton Keynes or something!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nadenoodle, Verbal slap applied in true Glasgow (well Paisley) style - Previous meeting was in Manchester in feb 2004
Frosty, Knowing the MD they'll have the afternoon sessions in the boot room or in lift queues Wink

For me they are a bunch of ungrateful "%&$£.

I'm not too gutted on missing the trip as I left some time ago, but when you consider how others spend their working day these guys have it easy.

Up to 4.5 days, Courchevel, skiing, ice driving, husky sled rides, food, booze FREE OF CHARGE!!!
If I were in charge I'd boot them round the office for complaining about it. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mark Lehto wrote:
laundryman Dr Laundryman wouldnt perchance be a particle physicist? Or do other fields have such cunning plans?

Nope, a GP with some other medical side lines thrown in. Medics tend to get conferences subsidised by pharmaceutical companies, so they're not generally in places like Milton Keynes (with apologies to anyone who lives there).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If I were in charge I'd sack them for it and take people who really wanted to go. I think I'm free then! In fact it would mean back to back ski trips for me - perfect!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hayley t, you've not heard about employment tribunals then! Now, you and I might consider such whining as constituting just cause for summary dismissal, but employers are no longer free agents in these matters!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know laundryman - in an ideal world . . . . Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boardski, how awful for them, Courchevel, my heart bleeds-NOT. All us paharmacists get are some free pens and notepads. No perks for us I'm afraid.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm just off the phone to one of the grumpy ones and I'm livid.
There he is grumping away about how bollox the whole Courchevel thing is and then spouts "I think it's unreasonable to expect us to travel on a Sunday, I mean, after all, it's not as if were getting paid over time or nuffink!"
Argh.......what a miserable scumbag!
It also highlighted that in addition to the trip being free the morons are being paid to play in Courchevel.
Sacking is to good for these miserable bunch of tossers. They should be taken to Courchevel and left up the mountain permanently!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
salesmen - waddaya expect?
ski holidays
Boardski wrote:
I'm just off the phone to one of the grumpy ones and I'm livid.

Easy solution;Conferance call the meetings,or even video link(still cheaper than taking the morons out there)and in the free time they could do some file tidying or cleaning.How can they complain,they dont want to go anyway.Perfect result IMHO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Suggest a quiet word with the organiser if poss,just to wake the ungratefull
sh1ts up.Sound like a right bunch of spoilt kids,obviously in sales or marketing??
snow conditions
OI, Ibt!
I'm a salesman. Were not all self obsessed, slimy spoilt brats. Some of us are quite genuine and reasonable people. Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow conditions
Boardski wrote:
Some of us are quite genuine and reasonable people. Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel

Really Wink Wink Wink
ski holidays
Boardski, Clearly not that bunch. Ski teachers have to PAY to go to the very few things organised. These people should be put immediatley on the rack, just to make sure that they can't try ski-ing/boarding! Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy