Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hochkönig ski area.- Saturday 15th December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I thought I would start a separate thread about this area. Me and my eldest son went skiing for about 2 hours. The ski was excellent, the best so far this year and probably better than all of last year. There was plenty of powder and 165cm of snow but it was very cold about -10oC with a wind chill of -20 oC.

That is why we only skied 2 hours because my son got cold.
here is my ski-line:-

The piste and lift were very quiet even though it was the weekend.

The snow was good on most pistes although by the time we skied down the red to Dienten it was getting lumpy and hard and in other places was quite deep. Here is a video of my 7 year old son skiing this red the first time:-

I think he found it easier than me!!!. But then again his legs are younger then mine!! and he is fitter!!

Here is the top of the drag lift in Mühlbach showing how cold it is:-

Here is the long blue back to the village which is a good way to end the day:-

Although most of the snow cannons were going on this piste, which I hate skiing through since I am often caught unaware and if I am skiing fast fall over.

So all in all a great days skiing with good snow , empty piste and no queues.

Here is a me holding the camera as I ski down a run:-

http://youtube.com/v/-rdduhB0cJw

Nigel

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 19-12-07 10:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Now that's what I call a proper snow report! Excellent photos, videos and even a graph of vertical distance covered Smile Nice one
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nigel Looks absolutely awesome. Stefan is a real swivel hips Very Happy

Northallerton was wet and cold on Saturday wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That is a stonking amount of snow already - great stuff.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool report, we are really looking forward to our trip to Hochkonig in Jan, and seeing so much snow makes me wonder why we are not there for Christmas!

D
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
djfletcher, nice pics! Can't wait to get Christmas out of the way, we're driving out on Boxing Day Very Happy
Off topic, but I'm looking to get some instruction for my intermediate and slightly nervous girlfriend and off-piste instruction / guiding for me - could you recommend anyone in Hochkoenig, preferably Maria Alm? Skischule Maria Alm maybe? Thanks!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brilliant ... v.v.jealous. Glad it's not just me who falls over in cannon piles / changes in piste quality!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent report and great pictures. I must get over to Hochkonig this Feb when i'm out there. It looks GREAT!!!

Kersh
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DJFletcher, Hochkönig is another potential spot we're thinking of for out March 15th visit, but, as with Saalbach/Hinterglemm I'm worried about its low altitude. With the good base down this year, do you reckon that this area has a good chance of being in decent nick by that late in the year, providing there isn't a catastrophic warm spell?

I'm a bit bewildered by the spread out nature of the ski amade region... what's a good spot to base yourself in the area to have a good amount of local skiing and easy access to other parts of the region without a hugely irritating long drive or bus ride? Flachau? Wagrain?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy