Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Angst-ridden journey planning.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK. I have the route in France sussed, down to a fine art. We know the best stops on the autoroutes, best hotels to stay in, where we can exercise the dog and which has the best lunch (Bourg en Bresse).
The Uk portion is always a hand-wringing experience

Should we go A1-A14-M11-M25-M20, or A1-M25-M20 or A1-M1-M25-M20 ? There seems to be about half an hour difference but I usually prefer to stay off the M25 as much as possible. Also what is the roadwork situation like on the A1 Blyth-peterborough section. And the M1?
As I have just discovered our tunnel time is 1 hour earlier than I thought a quick jopurney is essential. We are travelling Sat am, and tunnel crossing is 12.20
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont, When coming from Sunderland I always come A1 A14 M11 M25 (I come off at Jnc 2Cool - I would certainly go that route.

I haven't done Blyth-Peterbrough since September but I do the M1 down to the M25 every week - it has been quite tricky recently - many breakdowns southbound. If it cold enough to be icy then there is potential for shunts which slows the traffic considerably through the roadworks at Luton Airport.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, went through Blyth recently and the roadworks were still there but moving quite well.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Helen

Done the Blyth A1 a few times since Sept and always been fine + if you have SAT NAv or map you can always re-route easily around any probs on the A1. There seem to me to be fewer re-route chances on the M1 stretch. Plus M1 is nightmare at the moment.

Have a wonderful time - say hi to the Montangnol (spelling?) for me and I'll be thinking of you being whisked up on the 4 man from Monetier! All that lovely powder!

FS Cool
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK,cheers guys, I will stick to the usual route. Angst is relieved, and hands no longer wringing Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy