Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your favourite 3 Valleys run/routine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Meribel for the second time. On our first visit we didn't even come close to skiing the domain (unlike other resorts!) However, we did have our favourite run which became a daily end-of-day routine, finishing in the pub at meribel village.

Considering the fantastic snow conditions this season, does anyone have similar runs they could suggest (including off piste areas)?

Nicko.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Off-piste - difficult to explain so perhaps get a guide but try
1/ La Masse (above Les Menuires),
2/ Christmas Tree Run (into Mottaret, traverse across from La Saulire)
3/ Grand Vallons - lots of options
4/ far side of Courchevel - barely skied by most so possible areas of untouched powder if lucky
5/ Couloirs - from Saulire - options either side into Courchevel and Meribel valley (be careful going into the meribel valley, you need to make the correct routes)
6/ Col de La Loze - plenty of options dropping off the blue run when returning from La Tania to Meribel Altiport (can be avalanche prone)

The last run of the day must include a regular stop at the Rond-Pont for the live bands, especially on chalet staff night (Tues or Wed) off when a guest band will appear. Then down to the pub when the Rond Pont closes at 18.30. LAter in the evening - Jacks BAr for plenty of Mutzig (v v strong Belgian beer) 1/2 price in the happy hour and a few games of pool before headign back to the Pub and/or Dicks.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick-o, go to my site under skiing and at the bottom of the page download the suggested ski tours...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, I have only done done 5 trips to the 3v and have been reading your ski tours with a smiling face. Top suggestions.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, i also have a link to another guys explaination of the courchevel couloirs which he did a great job on and is worth a look.... going out on sat and cant wait Toofy Grin Laughing snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
- Jerusalem into St Martin - a lovely Red
- Creux over in Courchevel
- david douillet in Les Menuires
- either of the runs on Mount Vallon

Very Happy Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mainly skied in Courchevel, but also over to VT.

Favourite runs are

- Creux (red) in 1850
- Chapelets (red) in 1650
- Suisses (black) in 1850
- Ariondaz (blue) in 1650
- Loze and Jantzen (blue) in 1850
- Mont Vallon (either run both reds) in Meribel
- Allemands (I think it's called - blue or easy red, I forget) in VT
- Folyeres (blue) down to La Tania
- when not busy, Biollay (blue) in 1850 - great rollers at the bottom!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was handed charge of my old school's 'Flying Squad' one day when we were in Meribel. We headed up Mont Vallon and had one of the best runs ever. I got a little carried away as leader and had to wait a little while at the bottom for the rest to catch up! snowHead That's my favourite couple of pistes in the Meribel area, quite quiet, lovely and wide with a decent pitch snaking down the mountain - awesome to just unleash on!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The best run for me is the huge off piste run off the back of Le Masse which takes you round to the bottom of Val T. You have to be VERY careful about when to do it - if its just snowed its a no go without all the equipment, just last year a couple people died from going on it straight after a dump. After a while it gets fairly tracked out but still with enough nice snow that you can have some fun.

The run must be a good 2/3Km of off piste - you keep going round a corner, over a mound and all you see is nice white snow, no lifts no nothing.

Another run I quite like is just the simple red run off the Funitel Peclet in Val T. Towards the end of the day its normally not too busy and if you fancy a good fly down the mounting it can be done at high speed with nice sweeping corners from top to bottom without stopping.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can I add more specifically to the La Masse line up the black that you can only do from the steep drag lift. M and Pylons off Saulire are great runs not much used. I also like Plumoventre (sp) into VT from Les Menuire /Motterat and the run back towards the bottom of Mont Vallon from the same place (can't rememert the piste name.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
M was awesome today and the combe off saulire was deserted first thing this morning....

i also really like mouflon in mottaret as a run that doesnt get much traffic and is always in good nick....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, OK you've no need to wind me up Very Happy Can't remember much of Mouflon though, seem to think it's a bit "windy" and cuts across a few pistes. Haw a good season!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As I stay in St Martin I am always able to finish the day with a choice of lovely runs home. From Val T or Les Menuires we get up to Trois Marches and ski Grand Lac & Pelozet, from Meribel coming up to Tougnette you can finish with Jerusalem or if you take Olympic Chair ski down Verdets which is nearly always deserted. All three of these final runs are not difficult on tired legs and all converge on Biolley to pass conveniently close to the bar La Loye for a final drink. With my advancing years and much younger ski companions I no longer agree to 'last at the bar buys the first round'. I just put in my order at the top and expect it to be waiting on the table for me when I arrive!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy