Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: My PSB ...

brian
brian
... by brian, aged 37 3/4 rolling eyes and the family, out in the Valais for a long weekend.

Conditions, in a word, are awesome. In 2 words they're ******* awesome !! It was baltic freezing but bluebird sunny, really quiet, and tons of lovely fresh yummy snow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I didn't take many photos, a combination of stoke and frozen fingers aren't conducive to photo stops, so by the time I got round to it each day, the low sun doesn't help, sorry about that Embarassed

Friday, powder Very Happy

Lac de Moiry, half frozen

Evening view from the balcony

Saturday, with the wee man, the powder was even Very Happy but it would've been a sin to have stopped to get the camera out.

Sunday, more powder rolling eyes

Spot the Matterhorn

loadsae snow Toofy Grin

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brian, nice rolling eyes

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 17-12-07 22:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, Wow!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, Is there a smilie for jealous, extremely jealous. You lucky sod. Does the kid have any idea how lucky he is Laughing Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Brian, bl**dy gorgeous! Thanks for the stoke! snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sucks to be you wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, Very Happy Very Happy

Prediction please: How long 'till one is the 2nd best skier in the house wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, Looks great and a great base for the coming seaon.
I thought PSB's were meant to be about ice. Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice Smile Always great to have such excellent pre-Christmas snow.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
amazing for december..... Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pfffft - skiing is overrated. i'd rather the participating in navel-gazing exercises on BzK Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
im sorry, what does PSB stand for?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Christopher wrote:
im sorry, what does PSB stand for?

Pre Season Bash
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Christopher, Pre Scotland Blues wink
snow report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Brian

Counting 33 days..will you be back there before then?

Anything we need to scope.....?
snow report
brian, lucky so and so looks amazing.
snow report
brian, The photos look Brilliant - I can't wait to go this weekend!
snow report
 brian
brian
Thanks folks.

Frosty the Snowman, I should have a few years left Confused

JT, don't think so Sad Feb half term will be my next visit. There's bags of snow down to the dam and on the chamois, I reckon they'll open that for xmas.
latest report
 brian
brian
Oh aye, I forgot to mention. I thought my day pass on Friday was a bargain at CHF 30 (£13) but how about this for the weekend ? 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 days, CHF 120 (£52) Very Happy The Swiss seem to think that leaving half the mountain unpisted is a bad thing ! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Looks good brian, always nice to see pics like these, glad you had a great time and the pass was ok, Thought the Swiss side was fine for a mountain road, it was the Italian side that I had Probs with, and that was in the summer

Edited to say

£52 for a weekends skiing, thats nothing short of highway robery man, I hope you have complained in the strongest terms and have also instigated the correct diplomatic procedures.
snow conditions
I've not met you brian, but I already know that you are not my friend Evil or Very Mad

15 and a half s0dding weeks, 15 and a half s0dding weeks (shuffles off disconsolately into the corner while pulling out the small amount of hair remaining)
snow report
Nick L, is that until you go skiing? You've got to book something before then! Space in my apartment next month for a very reasonable fee...

Wink
ski holidays
brian, looks ver' ver' nice Very Happy
latest report
rob@rar, I'm afraid that it is. I get seven weeks per year of annual leave - 2 weeks committed to skiing in April, 2 weeks committed to summer, 1 week to Christmas 2008 and we have our silver wedding in November so need to keep some in reserve for that - as you can see that leaves very little flexibility Sad

Hence the reason that I look at gorgeous photos from barstewards like brian, (I hope you don't mind me calling you that brian wink ) and feel miserable and extremely jealous Going green
ski holidays
brian,

Where does the drop left go in the 5th pic.... ? Laughing
ski holidays
Nick L, alas! What about treating your good wife to an early Silver Anniversary present? Sort of nine months early?
snow report
JT wrote:
brian,

Where does the drop left go in the 5th pic.... ? Laughing

AFAICS the photo shows the entry to the Abondance itinerary, which you should recognise, as you have skied it. Unless you were snoozing after your large lunch Very Happy
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Nick L, not at all, I've always fancied manning the beer taps (you did mean to type barsteward didn't you ? wink ).

snowbunny, that's the one. As you can see, I had a pretty hard time getting past all those skiers on the tow. Laughing
snow report
snowbunny, brian, ha ha...yep, skied it... so remember it now... I will try to get down to the valley from there...or might have to bootpack a ridge from there to do it, but I don't think it is far.

Good to hear that there is already more snow now than late jan last year.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy