Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying new Head XRC skis (800s or 1200s)...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, I know, very original Subject line, but I'm a little bit knackered from the 3-day ski weekend.

Onto business; I currently have a pair of Head i. C200s and am looking to turn them in for a new pair of Heads. My question is; what is the current Head skis (XRCs) that would be comparable, taking into account that I'm an advanced, but NOT an expert skier? A was looking at two particular skis; the iXRC 800 and the iXRC 1200. Any opinions?

Cheers.

Dax.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DaxFaxian, you'd need to step up to the 1200s to see an improvement on the 200s you've got. I've a pair of 200s and rate them heavily, and have skied a week on the 1100s (older version of the 1200s) which I did find a little bit punchier in the tail. The 1200s are black and look extremely fine. Which doesn't influence me in any way, oh no.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DaxFaxian, buy 1400's pure and simple ..... the reason being is that the 1200's come in disturbing sick yellow but the 1400's come in black! I have 1100's which became 1200's and they ski nice but I now know that I want 1400's and if I had the choice would have bought them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DaxFaxian, Hi, welcome to snowHeads! See this thread - two instructors posted the first replies to my question. You're probably a better skier than me, so I would guess that the more expert ski will be the better bet - and it cannot be denied that the graphics/colours of the 800s, unless they've been changed, are truly, truly hideous!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 18-12-07 10:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
plectrum, O-o-o-h...they are so beautiful and mine are SO ugly! Still, I'm no expert... Sad

Hey, what happened to your post, to which this is a reply?!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, Firstly they look so so cool, the blue and yellow gold of 1200s is nice but this black and orange rule. On top of this the ski cut is more raw which probably means the GS turns are going to be sweet and tight. Moreover though I hold a belief that if you get good skis and practice on them let them speak to you then you can improve better.

So DaxFaxian, buy the highest grade you feel comfortable certainly the 1200's they are not expert skis and I would advise them for anyone with atleast 4 weeks on snow. If tho you can ski a bit harder, keep good tight turns, ski quite fast handle icy conditions then take the step up for the 1400s. I am not an expert but I think they will be stiffer so you need to put a bit more force into your skiing but this should improve your technique to make you more confident in hard and steep conditions.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can anyone comment on how these newer Head skis compare with the iC300s.

I bought a pair of these at the end of the 2004 season and, although they were quite a step-up from the Cyber X40s I'd previously owned, I managed to tame them within a morning having only 7 weeks prior skiing experience. I've put another 6 weeks under them now and still enjoy them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm probably an intermediate to advanced skier, but definitely NOT an expert. I'm trying not to bite off more than I can chew with the 1400s and stay with something manageable. I think I might just go with the 1200s (2006 model which is effectively the Supershape). Opinions?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just bought this one:

Head i.XRC 1200 SW skis / FreeFlex 14 bindings 163 cm

I know it's the yellow, but it goes well with my jacket!!!

Dax.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As an aside; I'm in Easter Ontario and we usually have a fair bit of hard-pack and icy conditions. How well do these skis do under those conditions? If they're not the best, what advanced skis are better carving under those conditions?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DaxFaxian,

Great ski's dude enjoy them. The yellow gold looks nice in the sun on the slopes anyhow!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Matches my yellow and blue ski patrol jacket. With all of the powder we're getting in Eastern Canada now, it's going to be a GREAT season!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

a fair bit of hard-pack and icy conditions. How well do these skis do under those conditions?

Awesome. If you're not getting grip, it's not the skis at fault...... wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ditto...Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy