Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice please on Whistler & Westin Resort Hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Friends staying there for 10 days at the beginning of March and asked me if i could post here to get ANY good or bad info on the resort or the hotel.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't say I have but when booking for Whistler myself- this website was quite useful:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154948-d155856-Reviews-The_Westin_Resort_and_Spa-Whistler_British_Columbia.html

I think bear in mind most people probably write their comments when they're negative (to be fair, I'm much the same) - so its probably erring on the negative but gives you an idea.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eddyr, thanks for that
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i stayed there a couple of years ago. i got a superduper employee discount so i am not sure i can comment on value but i generally thought it was nice but lacking a bit of character. rooms were a good size; comfortable bed (might have been a bit small if there had been more than just me in it); very well located for the lifts

any more specific questions?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
places to visit in Whistler,good restaurants and thing to do and not to do....complete low down on the resort really
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Westin resort...........not stayed there but it looks lovely from the outside. Great location for the gondolas and access to the village for eating out (ie 5-10 mins walk and you are there for just about anything). As it is basically at the base of the mountain your friends are right at the apres ski centre eg the GLC or Longhorn or Dubh linn Gate (all pubs)

Restaurants.........how good is good? Whistler has a variety of good eateries at all price levels. If they want to go to the top of the range then the Bearfoot Bistro and Araxi may be for them (5 mins walk to each, but book in advance especially on weekends). My favourite is the Rim Rock (largely but not exclusively seafood) which is in Creekside so you need a taxi (5 mins). If they want steaks then Hys has a good reputation (maybe 10 mins walk). More generally see the attached Canadian website

http://www.dinehere.ca/results.asp?l=28

All of those I mentioned are pretty upscale and at the higher end of the Whistler price range. There are loads of other more moderately priced places (that said, Whistler prices though high for Canada, thus causing Canadian complaints ,are not too bad from a UK perspective though the exchange rate is a bit worse this year as the Canadian $ is pretty strong.)

Apart from skiing, eating ,drinking and sleeping I havent had much occasion to look into Whistlers other attractions but there always seems loads on offer in "off mountain" activities if you want a day away from the slopes. There are a number of spas and art galleries in the Village .If they can factor it in a trip (or a stopover) in Vancouver is always worth doing (especially in good weather, not so good if it is pelting with rain). It is a truly lovely place if the weather behaves.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
malcolm1, thankyou, that will be a great help to them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here is some more stuff on restaurants

http://www.skiingbc.com/whistler_dining_guide/whistler_restaurants_guide.html
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Brookes, stayed at the westin in whistler about 3 years ago
good size rooms with kitchenette and balcony
excellent position 1 min to the gondola
good ski rental shop in the hotel
good idea to get a deal and book breakfast for 7 days in advance
the outdoor pool is a bit bleak with no views
ski valet so no lugging skis to room and nice dry boots in the morning
at the top of the village, but no problem with a nice walk to bars etc
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
neilski basically covers it, great location is the best point, 2 min walk to upload either mountain.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Indeed, few better for access to both the mountains and the village.

As far as restaurants go, most are fine. I had Earl's recommended to me by someone I chatted with in the bar at my hotel (she happened to have grown up in Whistler). If you're skiing Blackcomb for the day, you can do far worse than skiing down to the Fairmont and having a Quesadilla or BBQ Pork Burger in the Mallard Bar (plus the staff in there are absolutely fantastic). I think I ate in Citta's last season which was quite good also. I also got dragged to the Brewhouse (which was nicely different) by the aforementioned former-local and out to Moe Joes (a club) by a Royal Marine... well, didn't want to let the Navy down and say I wasn't up for a night out... rolling eyes

PS. I always find it rather odd that people book somewhere, and then ask for any thoughts on the hotel and resort... Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i have stayed at the westin.. nice hotel.. great location.. great resort
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dont forget a visit to Dustys in Creekside for lunch for some wedges and "butt rub" mayo... yum. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy