Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1850 - Feb 27 Weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone interested in meeting up (for a drink)?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would if I could, but will be the wrong side of the Channel! Let us all know what the snow is like - a few of us are heading over next month.

Have you seen the thread in the Resorts forum?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
www.courchevel.com reports recent snow (Monday, certainly). I also note that it's -15°C today at resort level (sounds chilly doesn't it? °F always sounds toastier.) Predictions are for continued cold temps this weekend and lotsa white stuff.

Have seen Resorts thread and your helpful contributions. But as I'm a bit of a wuss, I never venture onto a slope without the ESF instructor's being within a pole's reach!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you find it's busy over by 1850, try skiing in 1650 - it's usually a fair bit quieter. Lovely green & blue runs over there as well...

Thanks for the weather - fingers crossed for our respective holidays! Have a good one...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the tip, masopa. I'd not be surprised if the ESF instructors at 1850 are prohibited from taking students to 1650 (union rules or what have you). But I've never been to either - maybe such a prohibition would be a topographical impossibility?!?

For four day forecasts see www.meteo.fr (showing consequential snowfall for Courchevel all day Thurs. and Fri., continuing into Sat.)

I doubt any of us should have any worries for March. It's my April 17-24 trip I'm worried about!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cee Bee, is there any particular reason you're choosing ESF? I've never used them myself, so can't comment, but I would say that there are some excellent ski schools in Courchevel. Obviously language isn't a problem for you, but look around - you may find other ski schools are the same price as ESF...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
masopa, can you recommend any Courchevel 1850 ski schools? One never knows when the ESF will be booked or when I may want to break out of a routine.

I know ESF is oft-maligned, but I've always had excellent results. Or perhaps I'm not sufficiently demanding?!? In any case, I think success in instruction in many cases just comes down to fluency in French and many years of living in the land of frogs (when to squash them, when to give them a buss!) The ESF instructors always want to practice their English with me and nearly always I find it inadequate.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are two camps on ESF - some people have always used them and been very happy with the quality of tuition. Other people don't like their teaching style/attitude of instructors.

I think it depends whether you gel with their style - it seems like you do, so best not to complain!!!

I am using New Generation next month - have been recommended them by a ski school I've used repeatedly in the past (excellent tuition, so I trust their recommendation!) - NewGen have also been recommended by others on this forum.

Magic in Motion work out a fair bit (a third) cheaper than New Gen and Ski Supreme.

At the end of the day though, you pays you money... If you've always been happy with ESF, maybe there's no need to rock the boat!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've e-mailed NewGen this afternoon for details of private lessons. They seem to be highly thought of by all who have used them.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hmm, good idea Peter B, I may e-mail NewGen. FYI - 2.5 days private lessons with ESF would work out to €380 (I think - my notes were scribbled hastily).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Are they full days' lessons, CB? If so, that's very cheap - New Gen are something like €140 for two hours.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My notes from conversation with ESF resemble hieroglyphics but I distinctly remember that 2 hours (or was it 3 ...) of private lessons on a Fri. afternoon are priced at €80.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's a good price - Magic in Motion are one of the cheaper "British" schools and are about €100 for a two hours lesson.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy