Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can anyone mount Tyrolia SP120 rental bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I've got a pair of Tyrolia SP120s that I need to put on my new k2 public enemys. I can't seem to find anywhere in the UK with the right jig though. Anyone got any ideas? I'm in the south west but would like to get it done before I head off to the mountains.
HELP PLEEEEASE!!

Richard
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nefariouslobster, welcome to snowheads Toofy Grin have you tried Devon ski centre, speak to Chris or Simon, they should be able to help, if you have the bindings in the box they came in there will be a picture of part of a jig on the size with a number in it, that is the jig number they need to use [not all shops are aware which binding a jig works for but if they have the number then it helps
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To mount Tyrolia SP120 bindings, you need the Tyrolia SP2003W jig/template (part number 162-763).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
veeeight, is that the one that used to be the 162-636?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, with 162-636 you needed the wide adaptor, now with the 162-763 you don't. Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nefariouslobster, I hope you got the wide brakes with those bindings - the standard ones are only 78mm wide.

...and Welcome to snowHead!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow, thanks for the responses!

I got the bindings last season when I was living in Austria with a set of '07 public enemys so I have the brakes from those. K2 have given me a replacement set of this season's PEs under warranty, but sent my bindings back in a bag... nice!
I did take a trip down to devon ski, they said on the phone they could do it, then when I got there they decided they didn't have the right jig! Ian said if I didnt have any luck elsewhere he could probably fettle it (he has a jig that will do the rear half and another 2 different jigs with the right spacing for the front holes.) but to see if anywhere else had the jig.
Anyone got an opinion on whether this is a good idea or whether it's ill-advised?

Cheers,
Richard
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard,
Maybe a bit out of the way, but try Beans of Bicester:
http://www.beansonline.co.uk/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why can't they just measure and mark the skis without a jig?

That's what Spyderjon was going to do with my tyrolia bindings on my B2's before he managed to acquire a jig to copy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy