Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SaalRad Splitters (This is not a bash)

D'you wanna be in our gang?
Oh Yeah!
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Am I bovvered?!
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Voted : 15
Total Votes : 15

Poster: A snowHead
Eeyore, well I want to be going on something Snowheady end of Jan that week so it's either the Snowheads Birthday Bash or this trip to Saalbach. Like everyone else, if we don't hear anything soon about the SBB then I'll go for this one. snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Charlatanefc wrote:
Dwarf Vader wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

Hey, well assuming you spent £30 at least per day each on food and drink

Yes that looks spot on.

Yep, thats cos you spent 4 days in bed weeing thru your back bottom. It was £120 a day(ish) for some of us Wink

I was been ironic or is it sarcastic? No I was been Ironic as sarcastic is to nasty. Very Happy

tbh I work on £50 meals and drinks per day + the X factor*

*X factor = Charlatanefc
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dwarf Vader, well it does say £30 at least, so both £50 and £120 falls into that category. Laughing

Charlatanefc £120 per day does seem a tad ambitious. Are you a p*sshead or something? wink Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
VolklAttivaS5, Charlatanefc drink drink!! (That would be the guy out of Father Ted) Laughing Laughing

When Charlatanefc lands at Salzburg airport all bottling plants are put on double time, Jagermister and Red Bull production takes off...

Without Charlatanefc efforts Little Tommy would not eat for the rest of the year, he is a folklore hero in there eyes. Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
blytht, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Drinking with Charlatanefc and FenlandSkier can lead to untold damage to your wallet!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dwarf Vader, VolklAttivaS5, blytht, philw, cheeky bleeders Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
philw, you missed out: Liver, carpet, sofa, rose bush, marraige, Jerry, & sleep patterns. On the bright side, 2 weeks of room sharing has cured me of those gay tendancies I was feeling Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
VolklAttivaS5, [buddy] tag on Laughing Charlatanefc, Fenlandskier, Dwarf Vadar, Jerry and Charlatanefc brother are the best set of people I have either had the privilege to get p1ssed with. Everyone looks out for each other which is very rare by today's standards [/buddy] tag off Laughing

What I really mean is, you put your money in a kitty and if you don't keep up it costs you a lot, but if you do, you don't make the first lift in the morning (That might not be the next morning either Laughing )
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
blytht, ...............you didnt mention your night walks via petrol stations ! Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Smokin Joe, I just smelt the fumes and thought I was following Charlatanefc Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
blytht, I'm getting emotional here (again)... wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
blytht, couldn't agree more. A great bunch of guys!

Frosty the Snowman, again couldn't agree more! Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
blytht, yep I've heard they are all a good bunch! Thing is, I'm not really a big drinker......never have been, a few glasses of vin chaud are lovely apres ski don't get me wrong, but I can't drink until collapse! Laughing

I wonder whether I'd fit in to this Saalbach thing? I'm a "get your zeds in and be out skiing before 10 (am!) sort of gal!" wink
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, Now you ended your post with "gal" This means you have your head screwed on Laughing I have to say that the "until you collapse" drinking isn't every night for all of us, some do make it up the next morning to ski.

The last trip to Saalbach had a nice mix of people that mean't when someone had had enough there was nearly always another person who had enough too.

The evening followed a pattern of Apres Ski, until a group would decide to get something to eat, this would then leave the core to carry on Apres Ski, after the meal if people wished they could return to the Apres Ski to find them still in the same place Laughing But if you did not want to return then zzzzzzzz it was, or somewhere else althogether Cool

This type of holiday works well when everyone knows the one or two bars everyone goes in. Therefore if we ain't in one then it will be the other type of thing.

http://www.saalbach.net/eder/index.htm Steiners being the end/start/end/start point for most evenings snowHead http://ian-kirwin.fotopic.net/p48341722.html

I have to say the skiing follows a similar pattern the group has a wide range of (in)ability and people tend to find the people they want to ski with, the Ski Circus allows you to catch people up. Fenlandskier is always good at knowing where he is going, unlike some of us Crying or Very sad
latest report
Oi tel, we're usually up and out by 9am most mornings regardless as you well know! Wink

Me and a certain webfooted member of the party may well need to be on best behaviour for the trip anyways Neh Neh
ski holidays
Quote:

Me and a certain webfooted member of the party may well need to be on best behaviour for the trip anyways
LMAO - This I would pay to see
Very Happy
snow report
Charlatanefc, I was going to say that you always appeared the next day for skiing, thats only because your brother kicked you out of bed most mornings Shocked

Never change mate, it would spoil the experience, I most admit when I saw how much weight you lost I thought you had gone on the wagon Shocked Shocked

How many can you tick off this list? http://www.austrianbeer.co.uk

I'm getting very twitchy around the "Book it Now" button Laughing Laughing
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, I can only manage one big night on a week away so will be aiming for a number of soberish, if not early, nights.
snow conditions
blytht wrote:
Charlatanefc, I was going to say that you always appeared the next day for skiing, thats only because your brother kicked you out of bed most mornings Shocked

the EoSB just showed how true this is.

VolklAttivaS5 don't worry about the drinking. Once you hit your limit leave, no one will expect you to drink beyond your enjoyment level.
I was a bit poorly for a few days last year and could not drink or stop out for long but I never felt undue pressure to Smile
ski holidays
I may be another potential splinter bash crasher, if I'm allowed, what week are you thinking of going this time?

We were in Zell the week before this bash last year I think, so just missed you guys.

D
ski holidays
Oh good! Anyways, we shall have to see what happens with t'other shan't we. I'm sure it will all come out in the wash. One way or another I will be off to Austria that week I reckon. We can talk about it at the BBQ. Cool
snow report
What's Saalbach like?

I can't make the week of January 26 (I only get back from Ischgl on January 24) but I'm looking for places to go to in Austria/Italy during February.
latest report
January 26th was last years. This year as far as I know it is intended to be the same week as the proposed SBB i.e 31st January-7th February. I get back from St Anton on 25th January so I'm in the same boat.
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5, nope, always go the week b4, last week in jan running into the 1st few days in Feb *usually for 9 or 10 days)
snow conditions
Charlatanefc, oh. I thought you had said earlier on in this thread that it was a choice for you between the SBB and this one and it was the same week. I must've misunderstood what you meant.

So you're talking 25th January-1st Feb then plus a few extra days if its a 9 or 10 day trip.
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, yup. The comparison between was that if no details are announced soon, we do our own thing regardless
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charlatanefc, ok so what you're saying is that if you go for the Saalbach thing then it will overlap the SBB thing?

Cool. Thing is though, I will have to put the kybosh on it then, as I only get home from St Anton on 25th. Unless you guys want to go to St Anton and I could stay for another week Toofy Grin .

Have you been to St Anton before?
snow report
Yup, twice. Love the place, and know a fair few of the hotel and bar owners there (our mate used to run the Mark Warner hotels there)
snow conditions
Charlatanefc, I haven't been there before and am looking forward to it. Am stopping at the Rosanna in town that week funnily enough. Oh well, we'll have to see what happens then.
ski holidays
Quote:

January 26th was last years. This year as far as I know it is intended to be the same week as the proposed SBB i.e 31st January-7th February. I get back from St Anton on 25th January so I'm in the same boat.

In which case I'm interested, and might drive there.
ski holidays
rich.ll, no I've misunderstood the arrangements. Its 25th Jan see Charlatanefc's post above.
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, are you a fairly strong skier (dont mean anything nastily!!) Runs back to the village in St Anton at around 4 or 5pm is not for the faint hearted Wink
snow conditions
Charlatanefc, how do you mean "don't mean anything nastily?" Puzzled Laughing

Yeah I'll be ok..... wink I've heard that it's a bit gnarlier there in St Anton, that's why I'm going! Don't you worry your pretty little head about me wink .

I'm looking forward to the run back down from the Mooserwirt or whatever it is!!
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, I can't do 25th - wedding anniversary (all our big dates are winter Evil or Very Mad ). Just have to wait and see what pans out....
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5,
Thanks. Now it's back to plan G (or was I on plan H).
snow report
rich.ll, I know! I'm impatient and start planning all sorts this far in advance all for it to change nearer the time! I just can't resist having a look at possibles! Anyhow it will be good to get away with some Snowheads and Charlatanefc's group sound like a good bunch to holiday with.
latest report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Charlatanefc's group sound like a good bunch to holiday with.

Don't believe everything you read on snowHeads VolklAttivaS5 wink
ski holidays
You Raang?, Laughing good thing I can hold my own then isn't it! wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy