Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jon's Ski Tuning

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is an unabashed rave post to congratulate spyderjon on an excellent and informative session yesterday. Having bought my first pair of skis last season, I was against the idea of letting a shop butcher them in the grinding machines and I was also interested in "how it all works".

The lesson (three hours!) started with the basics and improving the edges from the factory defaults. We then moved onto waxing and base repairs, Jon demonstrating everything on one ski and me then repeating on the other.

I had been really nervous about filing edges and burning the base but a little confidence and the correct tools made a huge difference, even with me having ten thumbs as far as most manual work is concerned. I think I'd have been all over the place trying to follow a written guide, especialy when cutting back the sidewalls.

So I now have perfectly hand tuned skis for next month (well, one of them at least!) , the peace of mind that a shop hasn't ground off half of the bases and enough knowledge to keep them in good nick before and during a week away.

I can heartily recommend Jon to any of you - you'll also find his goods for sale are better priced than most (no, I'm not on commission, just a very happy customer).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sproggski, Seconded, he's da man! (and I have 4 pairs of skis and 2 boards to look after!)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sproggski, I'm going for a lesson with my brother in law in early January so your account is really useful.

As we can only work on one pair of skis for the lesson what would you recommend my wrecked thirdhand skis that get a hammering on plastic or my BIL's fairly new skis that have only ever seen snow Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Richard E, bring both pairs as I might want to split the work elements, ie do edge work on the old 'un's & base work on the new 'un's
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, many thanks
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent question Richard E wink (I'm his brother in law!)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for this chaps, I'm off on 31st to get my new bindings mounted. I'll stick some old rock skis in as well Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy