Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PYRENEES snow report 2007/08

Poster: A snowHead
How's Soldeu looking at the moment?

I am leaving in the morning for the resort and, although excited, I am a little worried that there will not be a lot of snow.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might have missed you, but here you go http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/webcamespiolets.asp?key=26
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All the people waiting for the storm coming..... The local forecasts are all a bit "conservative" due to last massive fail!!! At all they say between 40-50cm of new snow in the next 2-3 days. So the next weekend can be a nice day to recover the feeling of ski in soft snow..... Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's snowing!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Now snowing in all catalan resorts, also andorra, and french side...... only a few cm, but it's the start...tomorrow morning we will see.... Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AlTom, Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What a relief Smile , I have just filled the bases sharpened and waxed 2 pair of skis since my Xmas week in Soldeu. I'll be back up there on the 5th when the hoards have gone home. It has been raining all afternoon here in Tarragona province.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
10cm overnight......this morning wake up with sunshine but at the afternoon will arrive the main part of the storm, and maybe 20-30cm more......
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AlTom, marvellous news! I head to Font Romeu on Thursday snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow already in all catalan pyrenees, Andorra and France. The webcams in Andorra looks nice (http://www.mobilitat.ad/CA/mapacontinu.asp).

The snow fall forecasted for today are: optimist 60cm, pessimist 20cm....so 30-40cm easily.....

Most affected are the southern pyrenees, prepyrenees and andorra; also neiges catalanes.....less north face as Baqueira...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Finally the storm dump around 40-45cm in prepyrenees (as port del comte.....at 1h from my home....tomorrow I'll be there), and between 20-35 in the rest of catalan pyrenees, andorra and neiges catalanes. Today can be possible a little dustings in the "neiges" zone....

The snow is a little heavy, but better to consolidate a good base.

Pd. Tomorrow photos.... wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well the official Grand Valira website that really likes showing off any signs of snow is only reporting 10cm falling yesterday and today back to just cloudy.

Doh! Good top up though I guess.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SharkEnergy, fancy seeing you here!

J2ski are forecasting a further 11cm of snow next week, it's not alot but at least it freshens up the conditions - I'd be happy if that were the case every week!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Today good skiing day in Port del Comte, the lasts 40cm of new snow have had the runs in a perfect shape. Soft snow and mild temperatures, with intervals of clouds and sun...

Some photos:
Looking at EAST, the trees need a little more snow to be skied:

Looking at the other mountain, closed as don't have artificial snow and need 20-30cm more (I think that with 20-30cm more it can be open all runs and the offpiste can be skiable)

Aspect of the runs:
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2678/1000059ne9.jpg

And returning home, when you turn the mountain, in the road, face S (it's the first "big" mountain from the south) you can see the fog in central catalunya and the Montserrat mountain emerging, always nice:shock: :

Tomorrow we will go to Masella.....I'll post
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
look like rain on the andorra webcam today Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AlTom, Great pix as usual - what a fabulous view in the last one. Very Happy Hope you get your extra 30-40cms very soon.
ski holidays
jase2472,
Quote:

look like rain on the andorra webcam today

Yep Crying or Very sad
snow report
Dypcdiver, hows it been today snowHead
snow conditions
Today nice skiing in La Masella, warm temperatures that have been transformes the snow, but as I always say I like all type of soft snow so.....pretty day. Empty slopes because today it's the "orient kings day" (sorry, but I don't know if in other countries is also a "national" holiday, or how to translate:~/ Puzzled )...is like santa claus.... so all the children and their families doing their presents,etc etc.....better for us! No people, no queues

All the vertical drop is open (1600 to 2530m) so long descents, with empty runs and soft snow....you can ride really fast..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

In masella the weather was cloudy with sun appearing some hours, we saw all the north face in the other side of the valley clouded and from the distance I thought that was rain in andorra, and capcir..... The rain hasn't arrived to the catalan part of the oriental pyrenees....

I took some photos......
ski holidays
some reports of a friends from Grandvalira... Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .....really pis**** up......all the snow falled on thursday gone and they said that the snow was really awful and runs have a lot of bare patches..... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 7-01-08 9:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
fuc....ng rain,....and bad luck to us,.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
ski holidays
Oh no! what the hell is it doing raining in January 2000+m up a mountain?? Is there any sign of some significant snow?
I'm driving up from Barcelona on the 27 Jan, last time I drove up we went through Andorra la vella and Encamp, route finder tells me to go the other way coming in through Pas de la casa. Which is the best way both time wise,toll fees and safest? thanks.
latest report
two routes are similar, Pas de la Casa route is shorter, but you will have to pay the toll of the tunnel of the cadi, approximately 10 Euros per way.

We expect little snow this week, maybe in the weekend, and around january 15th we have significant snow in the mountains.
ski holidays
Hey guys. I have been tuning into this thread regularly as my holiday to soldeu approaches. It has ben the source of much dissapointment as I hear of huge predicted snowfalls not arriving and instead rain!

Although I am going on the 20th Jan I am starting to feel that this may well be a dull holiday especially as most of the reds/backs are closed. Even Avet is closed apart from where the green/blue filters onto it at the bottom. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
The forecasts are improving for seeing snow on saturday, maybe 30cm in Andorra, we will be expectant with this cold front
snow conditions
metalhead132 wrote:
two routes are similar, Pas de la Casa route is shorter, but you will have to pay the toll of the tunnel of the cadi, approximately 10 Euros per way.

We expect little snow this week, maybe in the weekend, and around january 15th we have significant snow in the mountains.

This is certainly a crazy season. I thought it was bad enough last season but seeing the snow disappear in front of your eyes with rain in January is soul destroying. There is new snow forecast in the next few days and a little bit more later next week but with freezing levels forecast around the 2500 metre mark it wont stay long. It should be freezing at this time of year - what happened to the "it should almost be a normal winter"?
latest report
We've got more snow here in Scotland!
snow report
J2 snow forecast is beginning it's normal steady reduction to "naff all" as we get closer to the predicted days! Sorry! normally glass is half full and I don't normally get fed up re weather...I know it can all change in one night,it just doesn't seem to bl**dy happen these days!
Is it raining again today?
ski holidays
Nop, today snow line is above 1800m, only de lower parts have seen rain (little amount).
We expect that friday cold front could bring 30cm of snow
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
metalhead132 wrote:
Nop, today snow line is above 1800m, only de lower parts have seen rain (little amount).
We expect that friday cold front could bring 30cm of snow

Lets hope so mate! but a quick look at metcheck and j2 forecasts and guess what....they've reduced down from predicting a reasonable dump to just about naff all! the only thing they get right is being consistently wrong!!! it seems to happen every time....I know there is snow up there somewhere!
snow report
local models are prediciting this 30cm in central Pyrenés including andorra and a bit more in hautees Pyrenées (atlantic side). We will expect to see what happens
latest report
metalhead132 wrote:
local models are prediciting this 30cm in central Pyrenés including andorra and a bit more in hautees Pyrenées (atlantic side). We will expect to see what happens
?
What are the pistes like at the moment? rock hard I expect.
ski holidays
http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/main.aspx?lang=2&section=104&subsection=150
ski holidays
High temps, and soft snow, spring conditions.....hard in the morning. A lot of rocks in the pistes. In the southern resorts like Masella, and Neiges have better conditions, with less rocks to damage your skis
snow report
Interestingly the webcams don't look too bad, I guess the one advantage of the Grandvalira is that they usually make the most of what they have.
ski holidays
metalhead132, do you think that the (possible) snow for the weekend will stretch as far as the Neiges Catalanes resorts?
ski holidays
Yes of course, normally they are affected for this type off disturbances
ski holidays
Not being negative but I don't trust the local readings for some reason. Remember last time?

"The snow fall forecasted for today are: optimist 60cm, pessimist 20cm....so 30-40cm easily..... "

We got 10cm at Grand Valira on that "dump"...

But the optimist in me expects a good 30-40 over the next 2 weeks to put the conditions slightly better than last Jan/Feb.

The sad news for Andorra in particular is that if theyhave another crap season - Who will bother to go back for a third year?
ski holidays
Bit early to call it a 'crap' season.......
snow conditions
Lets prey for Andorra's sake that the snow comes soon and temperatures fall ...I remember brilliant conditions a few seasons back in soldeu. I reckon it's all gonna come the weekend I travel up 27 Jan....Put it this way if it doesn't I will not pre book Andorra again, it will have to be last minute when I know conditions are good. It's gonna be a great season...
latest report
SharkEnergy wrote:
Not being negative but I don't trust the local readings for some reason. Remember last time?

"The snow fall forecasted for today are: optimist 60cm, pessimist 20cm....so 30-40cm easily..... "

We got 10cm at Grand Valira on that "dump"...

But the optimist in me expects a good 30-40 over the next 2 weeks to put the conditions slightly better than last Jan/Feb.

The sad news for Andorra in particular is that if theyhave another crap season - Who will bother to go back for a third year?

It's not true. In Andorra fell 20 to 25 cm in these days, but the snow report only increases in 10cm because they are lying all the season about snow amounts.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy