Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Contamines... where to eat, apres ski etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All

Snowheads have never let me down yet and have helper me with everything from my boot buying, to my resort choosing to my car hire choices!

And now for my next plea for help...

I'm off to Les Contamines for a weekend in mid January. Staying in a little B&B gite.

Will do my usual internet research before i go, but was looking for any "hidden gems" that snowheads may know about!

I'm not big into my nightlife at all, but will obviously be hoping for decent lunches, decent dinners out and somewhere for a sneaky gluhwein after a day on the slopes.

Cheers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
magic_hat, can't help with the village - I never go that far down as I start off on the Belleville side. But my favourite lunch spot is part way down the red piste on the Roselette lift - over on the left hand side as you look at the piste map. I think the resto is called Roselette too - upstairs is especially cosy. Enormous and delicious omelettes, amongst other things.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, Cheers! Will give it a go!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
magic_hat, I'm thinking of a long weekend there towards the end of the season, I'd love to hear how you get on.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc, No problem.

I'm back on the 14th - will drop you a brief review at some point! Have done lots of research and it seems like one of the best bets for long weekends.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
magic_hat, and be sure to let us know how you get on with your new skis snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RachelQ, Laughing Laughing

Taking them to S&R tomorrow for the service - hoping to get them back by wednesday to give them a whirl in chill factor e the new slope in manchester.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi magic_hat,
Went to Le Contamines third week in January 2004 - awesome!
Visit powderhounds.org.uk and follow the links for some photos and links. One word of caution - time has moved on and so my recommendations may be a bit obsolete.

The Ty Breiz is a great pub for a bit of buzz & you can organise snowmobiling up to the col du joly from there too.

Ski over into sectuer Hauteluce - there's a lovely little on-mountain restaurant, la ferme de la ruelle, for lunches or hot chocolate/vin chaud. la r'Mize a Louis on the les contamines side is quirky and well worth a visit for lunch.

le Savoisien did a lovely evening meal & I would highly recommend that - providing the chef is still the same.

If you get the snow we did, you'll never want to come home. there's some excellent challenging skiing on and around the reds and blacks to the right of the mountain as you look up from the village. At the very top of the rebans piste you can look over into the next valley and megeve

Small, friendly, snow-sure (thanks to the mont blanc micro-climate - apparently), incredibly close to GVA & not busy at all in late january.

Enjoy!

CW
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cardweg, Cheers for all that. That's just the kind of thing i was after - some place names to jot down and seek out when i am there. I'm only there for a few days so wanted to have a few ideas of places first.

Looking forward to it - haven't found a single person yet with a bad word to say about the place!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cardweg, Interesting signature...

A mate of mine at work has the same thing. That and "Select * from Users where Clue > 0" 0 rows returned.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
magic_hat, you'll love it!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy