Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel/Health Insurance - Stays without Limit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone reccomend a provider who doesn't have 45 day limits on travel abroad - needs to cover snowsports? I thought there was a thread on this but I can't find it.

Thanks snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
P J Hayman Adventure Plus has a 60 day limit. Unlimited snowsports. Very good coverage, including pre-existing medical diabetes and coronorary heart disease, but pricey. It's basically the same as the SCGB one (Hayman do that) but was much better on pre-existing medical conditions. I don't think there's any policy that allows unlimited stays - the season ones work differently, and you can't come home in the middle. We looked extensively for one that had even a 60 day limit. If you wanted unlimited stay in France, I imagine you'd need a French policy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agenterre, IIRC, the consensus advice was to go native.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agenterre, most insurers can do a single trip policy with up to 12 or 18 months duration.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, we looked at those, but those sort of policies don't allow you to come back into the UK during the time. They're not good for people who make multiple trips, and few of the multiple trip ones allow longer trips, or unlimited snowsports. It's similar with car insurance - I had quite a battle finding an insurer who allowed 60 day trips in conjunction with no overall limit on the number of days you can spend abroad. And some of the information I got over the phone from call centres was plain wrong. On one occasion I bought a policy, on the strength of verbal assurances that it covered any number of days in France, as long as no individual trip was more than 60 days. I remained suspicious, as the documentation was opaque. When a request for written confirmation of what I had been told went unanswered I had to start over again - discovered the information was wrong, and had to cancel. It was a mission. My current policy is OK as long as I don't spent the majority of the year in france - if I did, I'd obviously switch to French insurance.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks All. Brilliant.

Ive decided on Ski Insurance ( ex-Natives) , I couldnt get the ski club site to work for me .... it matches my needs best as I already have UK Health and annual travel insurance ( with 45 day limits, max 17 day skiing) and French health insurance. This really just fills a gap which I would have been exposed to if I had been seriously looked at in the event of a major claim.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agenterre, Your season insurance with Ski-insurance will invalidate itself the first time you return to the UK. pam w is right, they don't allow you to break the trip.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The BMC has a 90 day trip limit which can be waived for an extra fee
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller, pam w, Thanks for the 'Heads-Up' and you are absolutely right ... however given that I move about and have a 'seasonal-rent' ... they'll be lucky to sort it out even if I went back to the UK... plan is to stay in Saanen and do Zermatt. blah ..blah from there ...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy