Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What a bargin

Poster: A snowHead
Hi , im so excited, just got myself a good bargin. I am a single skier, but i have just managed to find a holiday for 320 gb pounds.
This includes my return trip with easyjet to geneva, on the 19th jan -26 jan- 1 week, transfers to Morzine, and staying in a catered chalet, with single room with shower for the week. Total price 320gb pounds, Anyone else had a good bargin this year.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought mine wasn't bad.

Also going as a single, flights Bristol-Innsbruck, transfers, half board in 4* hotel in Zell am Zimmer and ski carriage, all for £376. Week of 5th - 12th Jan.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andorra in Jan £34 return flights incl ski carriage to Reus £100 for 4 nights B&B just outside Soldeu wink wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
7 of us. return Edinburgh to Milan, Merc Vito hire for week, hotel with B&B. last week of feb for 7 full days skiing. £220 + lift pass. Can't complain Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got the opportunity to go to Courchevel for Christmas (22nd-28th) half board 3 star for £220 all in but I need someone to share with Crying or Very sad So if you know anyone! let me know plz! most sites want £600 plus for this holiday over Christmas! wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gjspain wrote:
Anyone else had a good bargin this year.

Where did you find that mate? I've been looking on lastminute and neilson's but i'm not really sure there any good.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Who are you talking to Illicit? Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gjspain, Who did you book your transfers through? jase2472, Who did you book your transfers through from Reus airport?
alex_heney, What tour company?

Blush
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Illicit , the flights i did with easyjet , the accom i went onto www.chaletsdirect.com and posted a request for the dates i wanted and the chalet companys / owners reply to you. you find the best deal you want and book. The chalet i am staying in provides a pick up and drop off at geneva airport included in the price. If you want to know more let me know.
jb1970 transfers from geneva, last year i booked using www.ski-lifts.com shared cost to morzine around 70 euros. Or there is a service bus www.altibus.com
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry Blunt i was asking GJspain.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thats alright wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jb1970, Crystal

Hotel Brau. Booked through the Crystal website.

I know some people have had bad experiences with them, but this will be my fourth ski trip with Tui group, and I have had no problems at all to date.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
£397.00

Flights from Belfast (incl skis)
Transfer to La Rosiere
1 week catered chalet in La Rosiere with Tracksvacations (if it is the same as last year this includes a plentiful supply of wine)

All over Christmas week. Currently 200cm of Snow snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There are still a few deals in the same price range from Belfast with Crystal Ski Ireland for Christmas week
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just had a look.

H/B in Pas de la Casa 23/12/07 from Belfast with Panorama is £218.00 BARGAIN

Seems to be great availability for Christmas week this year from Norn Iron, which is very strange given the excellent conditions across Europe
latest report
La Thuile, regional flights & transfers, £210 half board.

With Ski carriage & lift pass came to £350 total
snow report
afcbtim,
Nice one. What dates?
snow report
Beat the lot of you

Flights from Manchester (including 2 lots of ski carriage), transfers to Courmayeur, one week H/B, total price £356 for BOTH people, i.e. £178 each.
ski holidays
I always find there are plenty of folk willing to share the great price they got for their weeks skiing, but no one is going to admit to paying the £800.00 brochure price when they know they has been robbed wink
snow report
I admit to paying the four figure brochure price for Xmas week. Can't risk not skiiing, and that is the only week available to me...

snowHead
ski holidays
Yep, I paid full price to make sure I got the hotel and dates that I wanted but reading this thread I wish I hadn't!! Mad
snow report
jb1970, Car hire is available from Reus airport and it takes about 3 hours driving, there is also a bus from Reus city 10 mins away to Andorra la Vela, but I don't know the times for this year. Some good Ryanair deals fron Prestwick! I pass right by Reus airport on my way to Soldeu.
snow report
nbt, who as that with ?? Shocked Shocked
snow report
Bones, Crystal. THey had massive discounts for Italian resorts in January
latest report
nbt, Thanks, but thought it was for christmas Sad Just missed a chaet for christmas in La Rosi - £706 for two including lift passes, ensuite too. By the time SWMBO had stopped dithering was too late rolling eyes
snow report
johnboy,

6th - 13th January

Nice & close now!
snow conditions
Crystal always worth checking during November - Have travelled with them for last 3 years to Ital & Austria and never paid more than £2590 HB to Fly from Bournemouth
snow conditions
afcbtim wrote:
Crystal always worth checking during November - Have travelled with them for last 3 years to Ital & Austria and never paid more than £2590 HB to Fly from Bournemouth

Was this price per person? Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowbunny,

Whoops - spot the typo - should be £250 per person Embarassed
latest report
Best deal I ever found was 200 per person to saalbach (think it was 1st week of April, in 2005) - including food, coach from London, 6 day lift pass, ski equipment hire, basically only had to pay for Flugel - great deal!....Only issue was that we were the tag-ons to a school party who needed additional adults, so we had to supervise breakfast - not really a problem as it was only ha;f an hour a day when they were too tired to be naughty! Also got a room for 4 between 2 of us. Good to look out for
ski holidays
Circa £3500 for 22 weeks skiing.

£159 a week.

Very Happy
ski holidays
Sauze d'oulx 4star hotel hhalf board, flights inc skis, transfers, lift pass £360 bargain
latest report
Best ever deal was to Crest Voland in 2002.

£450.00

Full Board
Ski & boot hire
Lift Pass
Ski School
Unlimited beer and wine
ski holidays
I'm off to Passo Tonale as a single on the 5th January from Manchester, Half Board, £235 including insurance with Thomsons! snowHead
ski holidays
jb1970, we have hired a car mate focus estate for about £50
latest report
First choice have some great deals on at the mo
snow report
nbt,
you miss the point slightly - finding bargains when you are a pair is relatively easy providing you are flexible, finding them when you are a single is extremely difficult - for example just found a reasonably priced chalet board with Crystal £329 (inc. flights) - single supplement was £420!!! HOW CAN THIS BE??? Evil or Very Mad I'm enjoying this thread because it contains some useful tips for single skiers, rather than just everyone bragging about how cheaply they got their holiday
ski holidays
Getting very irate at the moment! Evil or Very Mad I'm hunting around for a good deal, but everything I click through on at the moment comes up with no flights or accommodation... if you can't offer it, don't bl00dy offer it! Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
PamG, Agreed.

Even the one I got above, at £376 was including a single supplement of £91 (and flight supplement of £38, plus ski carriage at £15).

The basic holiday (with internet discount) was £229!

Not quite as bad as your example where the single supplement was more than the basic price, but I have seen those in the past too.
snow report
PamG, sorry, you're right. To reduce the single supplement, book two people, then at the checkin desk say "person 2 isn;t coming"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy