Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Missions with a rental binding

Poster: A snowHead
Is this a good buy??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270195194691&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=017
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMO no.

These are ex-rental skis as Sound Ski rent out skis for their customers to use abroad & on the trips they organise. No mention in the ad of how much use they've had which isn't good, but they do offer to grind every mark out of the base which will make them look brill but could thin the bases down a lot. The S12 demo bindings aren't great as well as heavy.

It'll be interesting to see what they go for in the end.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, Why is the S12 demo binding no good - would be interested to hear experiences of these...?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 13-12-07 23:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If the Q&A is correct, then keep an eye on the price as they maybe worth a punt.....

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Hello. What is the condition of the bases and how much left on the edges? Can you post additional pictures? How often have they been used, and where were they rental skis? Thanks. 09-Dec-07
A: Hi The bases are in very good nick with no scratches due to skiing, there are a couple of scuffs where the skis have rubbed together near the tip. They haven't been used for rental, they are exdemo from Scott. They have never been serviced and so have the full thickness of base/edges Kind Regards Ramon
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, looks like a good pair to me. Expect the price to go up considerably...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't know much about skis, but I love that classy looking top coat that they're done with Toofy Grin A fine looking pair of skis imho.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum wrote:
I don't know much about skis, but I love that classy looking top coat that they're done with Toofy Grin A fine looking pair of skis imho.

The previous seasons are even cooler, similiar colour scheme and they have a Jesus lookalike on them, I guess from the name "Mission"........
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...must...not...be...tempted...to buy...a second pair of Scott Missions in an 183...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skibomb wrote:
spyderjon, Why is the S12 demo binding no good - would be interested to hear experiences of these...?

Manual toe height adjustment has a tendancy to move. Forward pressure has too coarse an adjustment.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon, In terms of the toepiece, I think in this respect you might be confusing the 06/07 and 07/08 Scott S12 with the Salomon S912 bindings? The former has a Z12 toepiece, therefore doesn't have the same toe height adjustment issues that the S912 might have had.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've just bought some 168 Missions from Sound Skis. There were hardly any in the country and I got their last pair. I must have called about 12 different shops to try and find them and was getting a bit panicky since I'm off next Friday. Every one said these were by far the quickest selling ski this winter - do you think they're going to replace the B2 as the 2008 Punter Ski? Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RachelQ, skied on the 178s at the PSB and was mightily impressed. The cheapest place I have found them at the moment is at telemark-pyrenees.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RachelQ,

too late.... but that doesn't make them a bad ski..
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skibomb, I could well be.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RachelQ wrote:
I've just bought some 168 Missions from Sound Skis. There were hardly any in the country and I got their last pair. I must have called about 12 different shops to try and find them and was getting a bit panicky since I'm off next Friday. Every one said these were by far the quickest selling ski this winter - do you think they're going to replace the B2 as the 2008 Punter Ski? Laughing

I think they're too big to be this year's punter ski. The B2 was useable by anyone as an all day ski from a 2 week intermediate buying their first planks up to a ski intructor.
snow report
No chance of them becoming a punter ski, Scott aren't a well enough known brand.
ski holidays
Well I'm a punter, and I want some.....

Just popping over to BZK now to get some hints on my punting technique.

snowHead
snow conditions
Nick L, telemark pyrenees were the cheapest last year too, julesB has some that Santa brought him last year, and he loves them. He actually has a demo pair (extra hard wearing topsheet) but with regular bindings.
latest report
Kramer, phew, well that's all right then Madeye-Smiley

Chris Bish wrote:
to get some hints on my punting technique.

Chris Bish, first take one long pole ...
snow report
Good job I got my Missions (with Fritschi's) and Movement Sparks from Telemark Pyrenees early then.... wink Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy