Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

England's outdoor snowpark reopens 4 December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is what it looked like last winter. The extraordinary 'Snowpark at Diggerland' - England's only artificial outdoor snow slope - reopens on Saturday 4 December. It's in Strood, Kent.
Not quite Chamonix but, hey, it's all we've got in southern England... Here are the details.

The entry prices are interesting. Very cheap just to go in and play in the snow. More expensive if you want to ski, but cheaper than a snowdome. This is from Diggerland's pages:
Quote:
Entry into The Snow Park is £2.50 per person (under 2’s are free and senior citizens are half price). This entry covers the real snow play area and all non-mechanical activities (excluding coin-op machines) at Diggerland, including play areas, pedal diggers and computer digger games. The entry fee is paid in addition to all other charges.

The entry fee does not include the use of uphill lift, snowcat, equipment rental, lessons, tubing or the use of ski and snowboard areas.

All day ski/board pass - for only £24 (plus £2.50 entry) you can use the slopes as often as you want in any one day - real value for money for the experienced skier or boarder.

Hourly ski/board pass - You can use the slopes for any amount of time at £10 per hour (plus £2.50 entry)

Equipment rental is not included in either of the above. Please see the Equipment section for the prices for equipment rental.

Did any snowHead(s) visit this micro-mountain last winter?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It must be expensive to run ??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris, I assume they're using a 'cryogenic' snowmaking system - i.e. use of liquid gas (nitrogen, probably) - to freeze the water when it comes out of the gun, though they could be mixing the snow and then putting it down.

Whatever, yes, these processes use plenty of energy etc.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have any snowHeads been to this place? If so, what was it like? It sounds great in principle but I can't imagine the appeal of a 50-metre long slope lasting all day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy