Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dare 2 b Are they any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of buying this jacket
http://www.winfieldsmegastore.com/index.asp?pid=5683037&pg=1&level1=CLOTHING&level2=MENS&level3=

Would be grateful for any thoughts / advise

thanks
james
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
james68, they are reasonable stuff, along with the likes of Trespass. Wouldn't pay that for one tho. Check out TK Maxx, they do all kinds of Dare 2 Be stuff, at about 40 quid.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
james68, Welcome to snowheads. I think they come from the same company as Regatta. I agree they are Ok but better on design than materials. I think you could do better than that for less money at TK Maxx too.

The other point is that you really need to try it on. A jacket that is a bit too bi for you can inflate at speed and turn you into a Michelin man. Toosmall gives drafts. I am very fussy about the fit at the cuff/glove joint. I think you need to try some on.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been wearing a D2B jacket bought from TXMAXX in a similar fabric for £35 bought about a year ago and have been wearing it day in day out as an everyday jacket, although it is a skiing one (at that price why not in the summer we've just had). I've had no problems with wear and tear, its warm and dry and I'd buy another - I also wore it for a weeks skiing last Feb and it was perfectly servicable. Get one from TXMAXX you'll pay a fraction of that internet cost as has been mentioned.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
james68, welcome to Snowheads. I agree with the posts above - that's way too much money for that jacket. And you need to try it on.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use a D2B jacket for spring skiing, bought for £25 off the 'net. Does the job. They tend to have a generous fit I think.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
james68, to provide a more accurate answer to your title - yes, they are good, but they are a bargain basement priced brand - none the worse for that (I have Trespass from TK Maxx - £50). Hence the comments about this one being over-priced.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep. TK Maxx is the way forward if you want a cheap jacket. They have lots of good Nike ACG Goretex and Lafuma Goretex jackets in the one just up the road from me. Some are as cheap as £50 and very nice. Shame i don't need any jackets.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy