Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland urges its city-dwellers to ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The past five years have seen 5% fewer Swiss people going skiing - a serious issue for a country with some of the world's finest facilities on its doorstep...

However, there are forecasts of a pick-up this winter, and a growth in incoming tourists. A campaign - 'Go on Snow' - is being launched to promote skiing and boarding to Swiss city kids, with temporary snow ramps and jumps as reminder of the thrills on offer.

This article from SwissInfo describes the challenges facing the Swiss resorts.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Goes to show most people don't appreciate what they have in their own backyard.
I live near to and drive in most days to London, but find my Knoweldge of London Quite limited.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Headplanter, I know a few good skateparks in London but the skiing's rubbish!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
how I envy the Swiss you can head for the hills for a days skiing at the weekend, sure beats anything round here, the wheather is so crap the only place worth going is the pub
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoch-Ybrig reported record season ticket sales up 5% from last year.
http://www.20min.ch/tools/suchen/story/21780679 (german)

Hoch Ybrig is one of the most popular day trip areas for Zurich locals.

- Neil Swingler
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's even more bizarre when you consider that you can buy a joint rail and lift pass in a special deal. Hoch-y-Brig sponsor the weather reports on at least one German language channel (possibly the local Zurich one) so I guess that's paying off.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have family in Switzerland and the thing that puts them off, is the price. These guys have three kids, so it's quite understandable, the costs would be pretty high. But If I go to visit, if I want to go on my own, a day's lift pass will cost you over 50 quid (average) for a small unknown resort like Fliims.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JOHNNY_BALLBAG, welcome to snowHeads! Interesting pseudonym...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I Don't know what the average wage is in switzerland, but more than £50 for a day pass would make anybody think twice. You would have to save up to take family.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks Moosepig! i've glided in here from natives.co.uk - im glad the forum allowed the "B word" - in know the humble testicle is a taboo subject in some parts of the world Smile ill try to keep my eye out for moosepigs.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skanky, do you know where i can find out about this special rail and pass deal? cheers.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Aside from the fact that I don't think that Flims particularly small (though admittedly not ridiculously huge) at 220 km of runs, and is also not particularly unknown (except maybe amongst the British), it's about CHF 61 -which is about £30 for an adult day ticket at high season (which is less than some UK footy matches).

Two adults and three kids, at high season, would be about £120 for the day, which is not cheap, but again is on a par with many Premiership footy matches.

If you buy the Snow & Rail tickets, there's a reasonable saving.

See also the Season pass page, inc. what looks like multi-resort passes for the equivalent of about 15 day passes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy