Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

march 8th weekend ski - no kids, 4 of us, where to stay ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i can research resorts and flight extensively but i need your help on accomodation. I always find it difficult to find reasonable priced hotels that will accept you for less than 7 nights. we are not sure which resort we favour - all we need is less than 2 hrs from the airport (real driving time with some allowance for stops & traffic - dont go saying val is 2 hrs from geneva etc etc !!!) early march should be pretty reasonable snow although dont like it too warm. any suggestions and links to hotels/B&Bs etc would be welcomed as i am all googled out - cant beat a personal recommendation !! thanks guys
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try the resident snow head at la clusaz. you'll find him if you do a search on la clusaz. catered chalet but does part weeks outside of high season. short transfer from geneva
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks - isnt it a bit low for skiing in march....slush and water skiing come to mind ? also many reviews say there are not many challenging runs. we like to ski hard and get bored with cruising all day....willing to listen to opinions though as nothing is better than the feedback of real skiers and not reviewers. thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
done a search and it only returns one very short post ??
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
backhojo,
Early March should be pretty good most places though the home runs may suffer if it is warm. Have you thought of Le Chable below Verbier? seems to get quite a few recommendations and the lift goes straight into Verbiers skiing (No need to swap lifts). Also possible to get weekend accommodation.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think this may be his website http://www.snowchalet.co.uk/chalet/

Haven't skied there personally but other snowheads who have rave about the off piste there. early march - I would have thought pretty snow sure then. A friend of mine who has skied there ( similar to me 14 weeks skiing skies reds and black at a fair lick) said there were some meaty runs there. said much prettier than majority of french resorts.

Assumed from your post you are looking to fly to geneva. Turin opens up serre chevalier. try hotel dubez looked on their website and it might do long weekends. we're staying in apartments run by hotel owner hence I've looked at website and i think when I looked at hotel price list it suggested a nightly rate. That's the week we're going. not much use tho if you're flying to geneva. Staying in morzine with skiing in avoriaz is another option.

The other option for short transfers and challenging skiing from geneva is chamonix. Can't help you on accomodation for long weekend but would have thought that there is a market there for weekend skiing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks Dan - not tied to geneva but there are more choices of operator. turin is an option and we thought of sauze d'oulx. its an opportunity to stayt away form the big resorts such as 3 valleys and paradiski and val as we are likely to use them for the main family hol in future years (indeed we know 3V and la plagne pretty well). we have always stayed away from smaller resorts due to not having enought o keep us amused for a week as we like to explore. never looked at clusaz for that very reason but for a 4 night / 3 day trip it could be good. thanks for the tip and i will continue with more research. cheers
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
backhojo, you could fly into Salzburg and then try and get accommodation in a b&b. Smaller Austrian places are often flexible with shorter stays, especially if you avoid peak weeks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
backhojo, I stayed in Chalet Fan Le Bise at La clusaz earlier this year (link from snowchalet.co.uk). Chalet great, snow was ok (January but it was a poor year generally no?) Can recommend the chalet company.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks - i spoke to Dave from chalet fan le bise. he can fit us in and its a good deal but i am concerned about snow cover as it so low....any opinions ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
backhojo,
Never been to La Clusaz but most resorts with reasonable height should be good 2nd week of March. According to SCGB historical data the upper slopes have peak snow depths that week in La Clusaz. I would guess in Warm weather lower slopes will suffer at that altitude but I'd be suprised if you couldn't get good skiing further up the mountain.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
backhojo, In January this year we managed to be there just after a major snowfall and hence there was plenty of white stuff around particularly on Col de Balme and L'Aguille. There was a lot of snow making on the lower runs back to town but everywhere was open right across the resort. With a better start to this season, I reckon you'll be ok.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy