Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski school soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
About to book a weeks ski school for 2 second time skiers on our boys trip to soll Jan 12th. Was going to book trough Thomson as they are agents unless anyone has a better suggestion. We just want them to have a laugh whilst we are off exploring!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went to Soll twice and both times used www.skischule-soell.com which seemed to be the biggest ski school by far. The first year was fantastic. We had a brilliant instructor but the second year was a disaster (partly my fault for not being fit enough and party theirs for having a poor instructor and a class that was IMO too big 12-15, which dwindled to about 8 ). Also in the second year on the first morning, we (a few hundred of us!) were lined up to do our little ski demo and get graded. It took forever; I'd say easily an hour and a half and we were frozen. I really hope they have developed a better set-up now. On the plus side, they have an office right at the bottom of the lifts, so it's very easy organise.

If I was to go again, I'd definitely try a smaller school. Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion for you.

Soll is a lovely village though and there's an easy bus link into Kufstein (which itself is lovely) but you can catch a train to Salzburg or anywhere runs to get back down to the village. One looked like carnage city to me but the other wasn't too bad if you're not scared witless by narrow tree-lined tracks.

We stayed in the Hotel Christophorus both times (hadn't much choice second time - last minute job). Hotel was nice and warm and clean and very central but unless you are likely to be out partying until 3 am every morning, steer clear because the noise is unbelievable from the niteclub across the road. The head honcho lady wouldn't win any friendliness prizes either - boy did we feel like the poor relation half-boarders.

Have a great time!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks looking forward to it
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went to Soll in 2004 (this was only my second ski holiday). I was not impressed at all by the ski school. I was in quite a large class and the instructor was about 20 years old and seemed really uninterested. I don't actually think he taught us anything, we just followed him around the mountains.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have been to soll in January for the last 3 years and have used the ski school each time. All skiers apart from beginners do the ski test to see what standard you are and put with the right instructor, I found this to be a waste of time and the next 2 days are spent moving people around.
Instructors are hit and miss, I've had good, bad and brilliant. If you don't like your instructor ask to move groups you have paid your money and it should e enjoyable. Soll is great I am back in March. Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy