Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milan Bergamo- help with resort choice!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, what can I say what a great forum. I cannot believe it has taken me this long to find it..........
Hi having read a few other discussions on where to go I am i have to say completely stuck on where to go!

First of all we have got the typically cheap ryan air flights from east mids into Bergamo and at firts Foppolo seemed the perfect choice as the hotels offer an all in package with transfers etc for a very good price. We are staying for 5 nights and will have 4 days skiing and after reading other poeples reviews we would possibly be limited in the skiing and the snow record is not that great??? I would say we are mid intermediates.
We could hire a car but having not driven in Italy before i don't know how easy it would be to reach some of the other resorts.

Places I have heard of so far are Passo Tonale and Pila, any one any feedback and how far would it take to drive or would it cost a fortune in a taxi??

If any one could tell us of any other resorts or if these are any goo we would be so so grateful. We haven't had a holiday for a few years so want to get it right if you know what we mean! thanks in advance, Dawn
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dawny, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

As someone who spent a week in Foppolo last season, I'd suggest that you look elsewhere for anything longer than a weekend.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dawny welcome to snowHead , I went to Foppolo for a day and found that plenty long enough. Last time I did a short trip to Bergamo I hired a car and went to Cervinia - it was about a 2.5 hour drive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dawny, Welcome again.

Your best bets are to head up to Livigno or Bormio, or as Ray Zorro, has suggested across to the Val D'Aosta the distance is about the same - whichever you choose, the best bet is probably to drive as a taxi to Bormio will cost around 600 Euros, but shop around if you want.

Cervinia is great for intermediates, but then so too is Livigno which has the added advantage of duty free shopping.

Whatever you choose, enjoy!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dawny,

http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Milan.html

try this link it give you all the resorts near milan

snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Valle D'Aosta is a good choice. We stay in Aosta which gives you the option to chose between a number of resorts depending on the weather, e.g Courmayeur, La Thuile, Pila, Cervinia. The weather can vary significantly between resorts so get somebody back home to text you each day. We personally avoid Bergamo at all cost. The autostrada around Milan is always jam packed and a nightmare. Go for Turin, its just over the hour to Aosta and is autostrada all the way. Try Maggiore.it for car hire, particularly if you're doing 5 days hire. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi There,

I have just been to Cervinia for Christmas from Bergamo and La Thuile for last Feb kids school holidays. Hiring a car is the only option to those two and they both took 2.5-3 hours to get there and back. The Autostrada repair/extenstion work was a lot better at Christmas then last Feb when we had big delays. They are both good for intermidiates, but Cervinia has way more life and more piste. Went to Aosta last Easter and that was just over the 2 hours drive from Bergamo, as I landed late at night and the roads were pretty clear except for drivers that do not indicate and drive at MACH 10!!! Madesimo maybe nearer but is small and have not been there. This is you are only driving the first and last day so just look at it as taking 3 hours to get there. If you hire a car then fill up at the Autogrill on the motorway about 12 klicks before you get to Bergamo as no filling station at the airport. Plus I bought satNav for my phone as finding that airport can be a pain!!! snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy