Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Video: Excellent Free Skiing (in Whistler)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
You may recognise a couple of names, Richard Potter and Jason Simpson, for the past 2 seasons, have been featuring in the DMSS Magazine "technique" section.

Here's a vid of these guys just pratting about on their days off, look very closely and you'll see that the surface is steep, bumpy powder (although it's not evident from their skiing!)

Enjoy!

http://uk.youtube.com/v/Wh4OlRf1P8U

PS: When you are in terrain like that, note how important those pole plants are!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
veeeight, I would kill for the first guy's (Richard) fluidity and upper body style.
Not sure I like the last chaps style (Gib? - I hope I am not dropping myself in it here) although he is way better than I ever will be. Just looks less fluid, and some of the high speed turns don't look quite right. Am I missing something?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stoatsbrother, you may say that but I couldn't possibly comment Wink as I have to work with these guys..... Very Happy I don't think Gib was aiming to create the perfect high speed run, look carefully and you'll see his boots completely undone! Still high quality skiing though!

Richard is a very experienced CSIA L4, CSCF L3. It shows, doesn't it...... Very Happy He is also the big cheese head honcho of Whistler Blackcomb Ski School Multi Day Programs, so he's responsible for things like Dave Murray Camps, Ski Esprit etc.

Go out and buy a copy of the Daily Mail Ski Snowboard Magazine, you'll find Richard & Jason in there giving technique tips.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I note one of the guys has the same problem as me, ie bringing his hands together (narrower) before pole planting and then keeping them wider after the plant Smile

Nice vid though
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
veeeight, Did 3 days with ski esprit (I think, or a similar arrangement) about 15 years ago. Great value.

Not giving any money to the daily mail... ever... Twisted Evil wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
veeeight wrote:
......look carefully and you'll see his boots completely undone!......

You'd think someone that experienced would buy boots that fitted properly rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy