Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

youth hostels in ski resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
IM thinking of going to the youth hostel in bad gastein in austria for skiing in january, I know most people stay at a hotel or appartment when they go skiing but I wonder if some people stay at youth hostels in skiing resorts in europe, has anyone got any tips on skiing trips using youth hostels and wheres a good place to go skiing in europe and is it cheaper to buy ski/lift passes at the resort or buy online
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
woody123, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

My experienced of youth hostels in Austria are that they are really good places, however I've not been to the one in Bad Gastein. I'm sure it'll be good though Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
woody123, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

If you click on this link you will see that David Goldsmith recommends the youth hostel in Zermatt.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
woody123,
Welcome to snowHead
In Europe there is rarely any difference in price buying online or in resort. At busy times you may save significant time queuing by buying on line though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thankyou for your comments, ive only been skiing once before at borovets in bulgaria with thomson ski 2 years ago with family so everything was organised for me, and I stayed in youth hostels this summer in berlin and prague so I know a few things about travelling, can anyone give me some more tips on skiing using hostels in europe, ie is there buses or trains from airports to skiing resorts and do they run all day,maybe salzburg to bad gastein or geneva to zermatt and im thinking of hire skis but buy the boots so is it best to buy the boots at the resort wheres theres lots of ski shops or buy in the UK wheres theres not many ski shops, and what resorts are cheapest for lift passes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Geneva to Zermatt can be done on the train...but beware, Zermatt isn't the cheapest resort in the world! It is however one of the best.

The cheapest for lift passes tend to be smaller resorts.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
woody123, Bad Gastein is in the Ski Amade network - you are best off buying the lift pass at the first lift you use - the price is the same. Its a digital pass and is valid all over Ski Amade. I cant give you any advice on Youth Hostels though. You will have loads of fun if you come to Ski Amade. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thankyou flangesax, do you know how much the ski pass might cost
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
woody123, a week's ski pass in the Amade Area is 203 Euros in the High Season. When are you planning to go in January?

If you have any questions about Bad Gastein, PM me. I'm afraid I don't know much about the Youth Hostel in the town except that it's well located for the Stubnerkogel Bahn and their bar sells VERY VERY good beer! wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been to the hostel there, nice bar and very close to lifts which is good as Bad Gastein has some steep hills
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IM thinking of going on the 12th or 19th of january, and fly southampton to salzburg, and then get the train or the coach to bad gastein whichever is the best from the airport, how much do you think ski boots will cost to buy in gastein, whats the best way from salzburg airport to gastein, train or coach,
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
woody123, train by far. Take the tolley bus from the airport to the central station then it's 25 Euro return to Bad Gastein and it's normally direct. To check out the train times, visit www.oebb.at/en/

I'm not sure about how much ski boots will cost in Bad Gastein but from the youth hostel there are about 4 or 5 shops within 2 or 3 minutes walk. You shouldn't have any problems. wink

Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy