Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip in the beginning of April anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

I've only been a member of snowheads a while, but it has been useful!

Anyhow, unfortunately as a boring auditor I am unable to take holiday from Jan to end March, which makes my skiing very expensive and similar to a guessing game regarding snow. (I only have 2 years of ths left though, after that, jan, feb, march, whenever....)

I'm going away at new year (also having some Easiski lessons!) but would like a cheap trip in the first week of April to catch the last of the snow and was wondering if any snowheads were interested? I don't think I'd enjoy going skiing alone (partner cant come, he has exams), and I can't afford a single supplement!

Just wondering if ayone was interested, or if it was recommended that I should wait for the EOSB (can anyone go on this?) I would just be a bit worried that the snow would've gone by then! (but then again I went to Saalbach in late april a few years ago and it was amazing)

Kate
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KateF, if I was in your position, I would definitely go to the esob. You will make 80+ new friends and have an excellent time. The snow will still be plentiful (if previous years are anything to go by). It is open to everyone - and admin will probably bring out a sign-up sheet for it soon.

Sadly for me, it looks like I am not going to make it... again rolling eyes maybe 2008 Confused
ski holidays
 brian
brian
KateF, Val Thorens is at 2300m with skiing up to 3300m. They could happily run lifts in June most years if they chose to. If Val T doesn't have snow in April then we might as well all give up ....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
KateF,

Agree with Ray Zorro, &brian, . Never been on the EOSB or to Val T. Though have been to 2 other bashes. There will be good skiing with good people in Val T. Looks ideal for your situation. If I have any cash left by the end of this season I plan to be there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
KateF, why not do both?
You say that being unable to ski from Jan to and March "makes my skiinig very expensive". Well, only if you insist on going out for New Year: just about the most expensive time (about equal with half term). This year you have picked a good one as the season seems to be starting particularly well, but in future I would look more to April than January. Better weather and better snow.

But back to this year. Because Easter is so early, prices are plumetting in April. So do two trips. Where else apart from EOSB? I'm sure you will get hundreds of suggestions. Choose a budget, choose a country, close your eyes and stick in a pin. As good a system as any. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
KateF,
It's a no-brainer...........
Joining us on the EOSB is the way to go.

Advantages........
Good spring conditions
High
Loads of good company
Quality accommodation
Good organisation
Plenty happening

Disadvantages............
errr....................... none.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have just booked another mini trip to Tignes with Mountain Sun, April 21st - April 24th £79.00, lift pass and ski / boot hire is extra this time. But everything else is the same as the Atomic Boot Camp deal.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy