Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel or Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Was wondering could you guys help me out?
A group of us (10 guys) are flying into Munich from Ireland at end of Feb to go skiing in Austria for 4 days.
We have nothing booked (except for flights) but are inclined to head to either kitzbuhel or ischgl (or Saalbach if stuck).
We are all 35+, intermediate skiers and like our beer. Since this is our only ski holiday of the year we would be looking for guaranteed snow.
Any recommendations between these two?

Thanks,
K
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Both will be good, so I don't think that you can go wrong. For the snow guarantee Ischgl is best, but Kitzbuhel may actually offer a better skiing opportunity as I think you may be struggling to ski some days if you experience all that Ischgl has to offer in the way of beer!

Ischgl has apres ski that I have seen nowhere else. It starts at 1pm at Paznaua Taya up the mountain, complete with disco and a warning in English on the lift that riding it drunk is not allowed. At the end of the day it carries on in the town, then shuts down at 7pm for the tables and floors to be washed down before the evening starts. The clubs open later, I've never stayed up long enough to find out when, finally it's back to bed in time for a couple of hours sleep before the skiing.

The disadvantage of Ischgl is that you will find accomodation very difficult to find for 4 days, where it's easy in Kitzbuhel.

A further advantage of Kitzbuhel is that the hospital is in town, conveniently located at the bottom of the cable car to the Kitzbuhel Horn, it's free provided you take your European Health card and passport, always useful on this sort of holiday Skullie

Have fun
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kaiserchief wrote:
Hi,

Was wondering could you guys help me out?
A group of us (10 guys) are flying into Munich from Ireland at end of Feb to go skiing in Austria for 4 days.

Thanks,
K

Kaiserchief

As you are there for only 4 days, getting to and from Ischgl is going to eat up a lot of your time.
Inside knowledge says Saalbach would be a good choice from Munich.
Good partying and lots of intermediate skiing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kaiserchief,

Welcome to snowHead

I'd say that the only thing that Kitzbuhel has/had over Ischgl is the Londoner pub. You can discount the Hahnenkamm as you don't see it in all its glory unless if is roped for a race and then you wouldn't get near it anyway.
So, Ischgl every day and twice on sundays..Laughing
ski holidays
 brian
brian
kaiserchief wrote:
We are all 35+, intermediate skiers and like our beer.

I predict a riot. Laughing

Ok, ok, I'm getting my coat Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, Laughing

kaiserchief, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks alot for the info/welcome.
Looks like Kitzbuhel it is as the transfer seems alot shorter from Munich.
Cheers,
K

P.S. Brian, I'm going skiing in February..........Na, Na, Na, Na, Naa!! I'll get my coat! Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy