Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada or France?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Decision time. We are just about to book our end of Jan 10 day trip. Alpe d'Huez plus a few days in La Grave were top of the list however one of our group of 3 says he will join us only if we go to Canada. We are all v keen on checking out Fernie however conditions over there don't seem as good as in France...and there's an absolute monster dump forecast there over the weekend...

So where should we book?

Fernie for the 3 of us?

Or ADH/LG for just 2?

(PS we are all boarders, powder junkies, want as much steep+deep as poss)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dunno - Fernie if its in condition is great. Equally my best days last season were in LG. The PNW & BC seem to keep being slammed but the last dump was followed by the pineapple express last weekend & Fernie is pretty nasty if you get a clear freeze cycle for a week after the pineapple.

Shaping up to be a good Euro season so far but who really knows?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What about Sunshine? 30ft of snow per year, nothing man made, 3 - 4 ft base already? Also reasonable access to to Fernie, Lake Louise and Norquay from this area so plenty of choice (though transport recommended if you want to move around a lot).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would be rude to leave your mate at home wink No contest really tbh, but its your holiday, I wouldnt think twice Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fernie - Absolutely no contest. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the alpes are due a bumper year and the US rockies is off to a slower start to this season TMK....

North of the border is normal, I think.

If it were me making the decision, I'd keep a very close eye on Canada, book late-ish and probably go there, but then again ADH/LG is a pretty strong pull. Not quite sure that LG is the place for boarders it is for skiers... ..unless you carry shoes..!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JT, I think we have decided that is what we will do. (canada, book late)

Maybe some cheapo late deals will become available for Canada nearer the time.

I guess my question was are we stupid to book Canada when much closer to home the Alps are scoring one of the best starts to the season in recent memory. (or will be after this weekend's mega dumpage)

Especially since the snow in Fernie is currently sh*t. http://far.redtree.com/cgi-bin/far/farreport.py?year=2007&report=repcraig20071206.txt

Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hd, I think your mate is daft to miss out.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ADH sucks.

Fernie sucks.

Your 'mate' sounds like a bit of a loser.

Tell him to rack off. And go to Les 2 Alpes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
L2A is for losers. Go to Milton Keynes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy