Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

50 mins to cross Paris...!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
well, more specifically, get from Gare du Nord to Gare du Lyon.

I have pretty tight connections... 50 mins max..for Eurostar/TGV between the two stations and I can't make a mistake.

I am thinking brave the taxi rank and the queues or hail one on the road, or go via the Metro RER.
Which ever one I plump for..I am pretty well commited...

It is mid-morning friday and I like the idea of getting a cab from the cafe tip, but I can't afford lose any time...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I dont want to mention the war but, the French unions may be on strike again Sad . Hope all goes smoothly.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RER line D. 9 minutes

www.ratp.fr for info.
snow report
 brian
brian
JT, I'd go RER, in a cab you might hit traffic, and it's faster than the normal metro.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You should be OK,

I'd go: (Edited to remove stupidity)

Gare du Nord - RER D Direction Melun (2 stops) to Gare de Lyon

If in doubt www.ratp.fr has a planner
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Planner was excellent when I had to get two teenagers across Paris by themselves a couple of years ago.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The only time I did this, early Jan, turned out to be a big "Sale" day in the Paris shops. We had heaps of time, in fact so much that we were going to spend a few hours with friends who lived in a very posh part of Paris. We decided on the bus, just to see a bit more, but the traffic was solid. Eventually when the bus (and the cabs around us) hadn't moved at all for ten minutes we got off and dived down the nearest Metro. I wonder how far it is from the Gard du Nord to Gare du Lyon. Maybe you could walk it in 50 minutes?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another vote for the RER. I've queued for half an hour just t get a taxi after getting off Eurostar before.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RER definitely. Taxi is a bit close to call, and weather dependent.

Only time I'd say different is if you have a lot of stuff with you (or hangers-on) that might make the taxi option a lot easier.

You might be able to walk it at a brisk pace - down the Bvd de Magenta, across the Pdl Republic, onto Temple/Calvaire/Beaumarchais (same road, just 3 different names along it), across the Pdl Bastille, down the Rue de Lyon, and you're there.

David Murdoch, the D2 or D4 will do it - Melun or Malesherbes

...or the number 65 bus.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
...or the number 65 bus.

Ah the dear old 65. Ealing Broadway to Kingston. Used to go all the way to Chessington Zoo in the good old days.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Its 7.5km don't walk.....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cfc5mu0, I didn't think it was as far as that - could be though - the map I have is a bit vague.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cfc5mu0, according this site it is 4.2 Km by car, so likely to be rather less if you walk.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim,

According to this site its 7.6km

Yes probably less if you walked..I wouldn't though..
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cfc5mu0, looks like you're on the tourist route! snowHead

2.9miles on Autoroute.
snow report
cfc5mu0, you may not be able to do "clever linky" things, but you are a darned site cleverer than I with that map.
I tried to do what you did and failed miserably.

JT, I have done this route many times on the RER with large suitcase, bootbag and backpack. Easy.
snow conditions
JT, ..... time to test your 'tabbing in full kit' skills ........ Toofy Grin
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, I could walk that if I had to... but I'll look for RER in the 1st instance.

Jonpim, I'll be travelling light with a trolley and a shoulder bag...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BernardC,

Sussed it with the good help above... Supreme leg-it mode stage left to RER from Eurostar arrivals, follow the signs for D route and get on a southbound train heading for Medrun or Malesherbes for 2 stops and bob is an uncle.

I'll be in Chamonix on the 18th with some friends and heading over to Zinal, so if you are at a loss ......!!!!
snow report
Kids crossed Paris from CDG airport to Gare d'Austerlitz (including a line change) on the RER is mess than 50 minutes (or so they say rolling eyes )
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Kids crossed Paris from CDG airport to Gare d'Austerlitz (including a line change) on the RER is mess than 50 minutes (or so they say rolling eyes )

is that for the overnight sleeper train to Briancon?
latest report
Christopher, yes.
snow conditions
just out of interest, how much does that cost return for adults?
ski holidays
Christopher, if you book as far in advance as possible , not a lot. It was a couple of years ago now, but I think you can get a cheap fare for as little as 30 euros (one way)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy